Recordset is not updateable - Shared Network Drive (1 Viewer)

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:55
I have a database which I have split into two (back and front end). I have been working on it on my local machine.
However, it will be going on a shared network drive where multiple users will have access to it.

I have copied to database to the shared network drive and changed the linking of the database. However, when I click on the main form it gives me a pop-up dialog box saying Run-time error '3326': This Recordset is not updateable". When I click on the debug button the line which seems to caused the error is: CountryID.Value = 225. The line just resets country value for the combox box, however I'm not sure why I'm receiving this error as it appears to run on my local machine correctly.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
A few things:

1. When using a split database your backend will eventually be on the server BUT you need to give EACH USER a copy of the frontend on THEIR machine, not as a shared file on the server.

2. make sure you have read/write/delete rights (everyone who uses it) for the backend file folder.

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob,

Thanks, for your reply, yes I know that the front-end, each user must have it stored on thier local machine.
Also I know, that that I need to grant access to the users who will use the backend file. The problem I'm having is I'm not sure why I'm receiving the error I'm getting about the Recordset not being updateable?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
If you can update it when the backend is on your machine but not when on the server then I would check with your IT folks to make sure you have all of the necessary rights (gotta have read/write/delete access to the folder, not just the file).

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Yep I have been granted read/write/delete access to the folder. So I'm pretty confused

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Can't think of other reasons unless you just need to go to your frontend, delete the linked table (it will just delete the link) and then relink it. Make sure you have a primary key in the table too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom