Recreating job board in Access (1 Viewer)

LarryE

Local time
Today, 10:58
@2RUEXX
The attached file probably more closely resembles what your business processes are and is much simpler than the previous file. You can see:
  1. Each customer
  2. May have multiple PO's
  3. Which may have multiple different Sales Orders (PO line items)
  4. Which may have multiple Machine build Jobs (In fact one of the PO's has multiple build jobs)
  5. Each build job with a specific build week, options, MCJ and MCJ Category selections, ship dates and ship check box.
You can open a Machine form to add or delete machine products (This could also be done with parts if you wanted to add parts to Sales Orders)
The Tag Report gives you all the information for each build. I have been using ACCESS since 1999 and it will not format the tags as you drew on your request for help, but I came close.

Attachments

• Job Board.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

LarryE

Local time
@2RUEXX
I don't know if you are still interested in a solution to your question, but if you are, I have a question:
  1. Are you interested in actually tracking the Current Position on the floor. Currently it is just a field in a table that can be changed at will, and that is perfectly OK. But if you wish to track current positions so there is a history, then there needs to be a separate table for floor positions. ACCESS could also record the date and time each status was started and changed and you could determine time elapsed within each status if you so desired. That means you could determine how long in hours and minutes a machine took to paint, weld etc. You could then sum the times to determine how long a machine took to build.
If not, the floor position can remain as it is.

2RUEXX

Local time
Today, 13:58
@2RUEXX
I don't know if you are still interested in a solution to your question, but if you are, I have a question:
  1. Are you interested in actually tracking the Current Position on the floor. Currently it is just a field in a table that can be changed at will, and that is perfectly OK. But if you wish to track current positions so there is a history, then there needs to be a separate table for floor positions. ACCESS could also record the date and time each status was started and changed and you could determine time elapsed within each status if you so desired. That means you could determine how long in hours and minutes a machine took to paint, weld etc. You could then sum the times to determine how long a machine took to build.
If not, the floor position can remain as it is.
Hey Larry,

Sorry for not getting back earlier to your posts. I have been busy this week and have not had time to work on this project. Let me get back to you about some of your posts. Regarding this question, I believe that right now they are mostly interested in displaying just the current position without seeing a history, although that sounds like it'd be nice. I am only an assistant here when it comes to the databases, so I don't have too much control over how it is done.

LarryE

Local time
Hey Larry,

Sorry for not getting back earlier to your posts. I have been busy this week and have not had time to work on this project. Let me get back to you about some of your posts. Regarding this question, I believe that right now they are mostly interested in displaying just the current position without seeing a history, although that sounds like it'd be nice. I am only an assistant here when it comes to the databases, so I don't have too much control over how it is done.
OK. I'll wait to hear.

2RUEXX

Local time
Today, 13:58
OK. I'll wait to hear.
Hi Larry,

I appreciate the time and the posts you wrote. I messed around with the queries and tables and I have been able to create a suitable jobboard format for our needs. For now, I don't need further assistance, but I appreciate all the help and all of what I learned through the various replies to this thread!

LarryE

Local time
Hi Larry,

I appreciate the time and the posts you wrote. I messed around with the queries and tables and I have been able to create a suitable jobboard format for our needs. For now, I don't need further assistance, but I appreciate all the help and all of what I learned through the various replies to this thread!
Perfect. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom