relations between two tables (1 Viewer)

adishardis

Local time
Today, 14:37
Hi,

Im a complete newbie but I'm desperately trying to create a kind of registration and journalsystem for my girlfriend whos thinking of opening up a veterinarian clinik.

In my head this didn't sound like a to daunting task but after 1 week of trying to wrap my brain around it I'm stuck.

As of now I've created a customer table with an entryform wich works like it's supposed to.

So here's the pickle I've also created another form and table named "Treatments" (only in Swedish) where i want her to be able to chose a name from a dropdown list which then shows her some info from the selected customer like Name of owner, pet, insurance etc and to be able to store todays treatment in the Treatments table.

The treatment form would have would be tabbed with the first page called "general info" with maybe a "history" box which shows previous treatment for the selected patient. The next page is the one where she would enter the information about todays treatment.

If you get the jist of what I'm trying to accomplish maybe you could tell me if this is doable or if I'm just wasting my time :O

Sinceraly
Adam

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
well if you don´t need it to look good, use subforms, linked to the ID of the main form (containing the general info)

You set the subform to show continuous records. This way, each treatment entry in the subform will have the ID of the general info in the mainform.

fuga.

adishardis

Local time
Wow, didn't think I would get an answer that fast, thank you!

I'm trying your suggestion now as we speak but just out of curiosity, is there a way to make it look good as well :p

Anyway, thanks a lot Fuga
Adam

vapid2323

Scion
Local time
Today, 05:37
Wow, didn't think I would get an answer that fast, thank you!

I'm trying your suggestion now as we speak but just out of curiosity, is there a way to make it look good as well :p

Anyway, thanks a lot Fuga
Adam

I think subforms can look really good, its a matter of matching your main form with the subform.

If you use the same formats, and also after you add in the subform you mess with the border it creates (I normally remove it) It can make your subform seemless with the main form.

adishardis

Local time
Thanks a million all of you for taking time to help me out. Right now I'm tinkering with some samples and trying to add my own stuff but that database "schematic" for vet practise will definitely help alot. Thanks jdraw

So glad that there are people like you out there, ready to help a fellow in need :) I'll let you now how things are getting on and will gladly share it if (when) I get it to work satisfactory!

Cheers everyone!
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom