RELATIONSHIPS LAYOUT VIEW (1 Viewer)

Oreynolds

Local time
Today, 10:25
With a growing DB and ever-growing relationships view I keep trying to rearrange it all to make it clearer and easier to understand however after saving and going back in it always seems to condense all the tables on top of each other at the top of the screen. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

Thanks

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:25
Perhaps, in your case, it's better to recreate the relationship diagram in another program, like Visio?

Just a thought...

Oreynolds

Local time
Today, 10:25
Perhaps, in your case, it's better to recreate the relationship diagram in another program, like Visio?

Just a thought...

Yes could do but when adding tables etc its such a pain to rearrange things so you can see what your doing for it only to get undone by the time you next go into it!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:25
Yes could do but when adding tables etc its such a pain to rearrange things so you can see what your doing for it only to get undone by the time you next go into it!
I was just thinking out loud. If you use Visio, the layout should stay permanent until you change it. Adding a new table shouldn't be a problem.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:25
This is one of the huge weaknesses of the Relationship window. The same tool in SQL Server offers an automatic layout option. It is far from perfect but it does a fair job of untangling the lines and gives you a good start. The other missing feature in Access' tool is the ability to create views so you can create sections of the schema and view only them.

If you have SQL Server Express, try upsizing and using the SQL Server tool to make a better diagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom