Removal of Image (1 Viewer)

Eurochem

Local time
Today, 13:00
Matt Gretorex has removed and posted a copyrighted image from our website http://www.eurochem.co.uk it can be found http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=114196&page=10 (Tar and Glue)

I have had no communication regarding the removal of this image to place on your destroy game of which I do not find our product Tar and Glue remover appropriate. Please remove this image with immediate effect and refrain from taking image from our website without authorisation.

Kindest Regards
Nicole Godrèche
Eurochem Auto Chemicals

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:00
Surely you and your company got better things to do :rolleyes:

RV

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 15:00
RV said:
Surely you and your company got better things to do :rolleyes:

RV

Apparently not. :rolleyes:

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 16:00
Obviously this company must not get much business if they notice a little bit of bandwidth from a picture.

Eurochem

Local time
Many thanks for removing our image.

Regardless of bandwidth or not, its my position in the company to track down all the materials that is removed from our site and used in an inappropriate manner.

May I thank you again for the prompt removal of the image.

Kindest Regards
Nicole Godrèche
Eurochem Auto Chemicals

pono1

Registered User.
Local time
The image wasn't removed from your site -- it was linked to; there's a difference. If Eurochem doesn't want someone to take a snapshot of it, the company should stay out of the public eye. More to the point, the use of the link was perfectly appropriate.

Regards,
Tim

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 15:00
Eurochem said:
materials that is removed

Doesn't speak English very well either. :eek:

Eurochem said:
Regardless of bandwidth or not, its my position in the company to track down all the materials that is removed from our site and used in an inappropriate manner.

Yes, heaven forbid you guys might actually get some attention. :rolleyes:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
quick!! Everyone stash the polaroids, it's the picture police:eek: :eek:

Wonder if the boss knows they skipped out on their English and Grammer classes to become a photo nazi:confused:

RV

Registered User.
Local time
So tell me, why was the image (or rather the link) removed?
I don't think anything illegal went on here as in.
Apart from the fact that "inappropiate" is a rather subjective opinion :D

Must be a nice job, surfing the Internet and actually getting paid for it.
On the other hand, perhaps not much of a job if that requires to post a rather hilarious thread on a Saturday (which is a normally a day of).

So, what's going to happen to "Destroy the picture above"?
Banned, removed?
Or are we going to take our chances and see if Superman pops up having some severe problems with "unauthorized use of pictures, and damn, it's even showing me from me worst angle" :D

Enough free advertising space for our friends from EuroChem, glued to Internet :rolleyes:

RV

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I know no laws were broken. They could have complained about bandwidth use, but then the picture could have been placed on a free server and used there. There's a thing called fair use that allows you to use such pictures for non-commercial purposes, but I would rather not argue the point. It's much easier to just remove the one picture.

So it's been removed, have at the rest of the game!

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Actually if the image is copyrighted they are well with their rights to have it removed. You have to have permission to use copyrighted images, that includes hot linking or if you transfer the image elsewhere.

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
Vassago said:
I know no laws were broken. They could have complained about bandwidth use, but then the picture could have been placed on a free server and used there. There's a thing called fair use that allows you to use such pictures for non-commercial purposes, but I would rather not argue the point. It's much easier to just remove the one picture.

So it's been removed, have at the rest of the game!
Fair use for copyright doesn't generally allow for the entire content of the copyrighted subject. Like for text you can only have a small percentage of text of a document or a small sound bite for a music recording.

Adeptus

What's this button do?
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:30
Groundrush said:
Eurochem could have had some fun if she had seen this website.

Click here

LOL
It'll be interesting to see if anything like that turns up in our picture game
:D

msp

Registered User.
Local time
I find it amazing that someone would complain, they may be well within their right too but...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom