Remove old duplicates (1 Viewer)

ScottXe

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:34
I would like to remove the old duplicates leaving distinct list with the latest info. Can someone help advise the way to accomplish it. sample file is attached for reference. Thanks!

Attachments

• Remove duplicates.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 92

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:34
I have not looked at your file but in Excel there's a tool for removing duplicates (not sure which versions).

See here.

ScottXe

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your prompt advice! Removing duplicates can be achieved as per the said feature. However, it has a challenge to leave the latest one, not any one.:confused:

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for your prompt advice! Removing duplicates can be achieved as per the said feature. However, it has a challenge to leave the latest one, not any one.:confused:
The tool removes all duplicates after the first one. So re-order your data so that your last is first and then remove duplicates.

If you do not have an appropriate column to re-order on then just add one and sequence it 1-whatever. Then reverse this sequence. and remove duplicates. then you can sequence back to the original order.

Obviously take a backup when removing duplicates.

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
I just checked your data and the approach of ordering the data based on the DoCSigned column works fine i.e. order newest to oldest. The oldest duplicate was deleted (there was only one not counting the record that has two SKUs).

ScottXe

Registered User.
Local time
Your trick works well and appreciated! Thanks!

The multiple skus may not fit in this way and required other way to handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom