Removing the gap between form detail and footer (1 Viewer)

Capitala

Local time
Today, 08:00
Good day everyone!
I need urgently to remove the gap between form detail section and form footer, either by vba code or changing the properties.
Need your urgent help please

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
reduce the height of the form - you either need to be using a resizable popup or have your access settings to use overlapping windows (File>Options>Current Database) or reduce the height of the access window.

For a popup or overlapping window, you could use vba code along these lines in your form load event

Code:
me.recordset.movelast
me.insideheight=me.section(1).height+me.section(2).height+(me.section(0).height*me.recordset.recordcount)

Last edited:

Capitala

Local time
Thanks all. I'll check out. Best regards

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:00
Basically, your "footer" (if it is what we normally think of as a footer) is actually just a section that has properties including .Height. Your gap at the bottom of the detail section (between detail and footer) is probably because the detail section's .Height is higher than it needs to be for your desired format.

If you can find the control that is physically the lowest one in the detail section, find that control's .Top and .Height properties and make the detail section's .Height equal to control.Top + control.Height + 1. You should also set your control borders to minimum size as well.

Capitala

Local time
Attached a sample form (form1) with the text in footer section. you will notice the huge gap between the detail section and footer seciton.

Attachments

• Database1.accdb
    480 KB · Views: 272

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:00
Not sure if this helps, but try to open it now...

Attachments

• Database1 (2).accdb
    388 KB · Views: 271

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom