Solved Report issue (1 Viewer)

mfaisal.ce

Local time
Today, 16:26
Hello,

I want to make a report based on 2 tables which are not joined together by relationship... what is the way because when i try to make report, error comes that there is no relationship between tables.... Actually, i wan to make a report based on daily expense & sale tables..... kindly guide..

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 09:26
You do not need a relationship to join tables.
I have many such queries. They still work.

mfaisal.ce

Local time
Can u plz give me an example, so i can solve my issue

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
a report based on daily expense & sale tables

Please provide more info on
a) your tables, and
b) the report you are trying to create

Perhaps a brief description of what you want to see in this report would help with context.

mfaisal.ce

Local time
Please provide more info on
a) your tables, and
b) the report you are trying to create

Perhaps a brief description of what you want to see in this report would help with context.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 99

mfaisal.ce

Local time
I have attached 2 pictures,
1. Sale records
2.Expense records

Sale & expense are not related with any relationship...... but i want to make a report to give daily sale and expense on 1 page

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If the two tables have no relationship to each other (defined or otherwise), there is no point to them being in the same query or on the same report. Please show us what you want the report to look like. You could make an unbound main report and add two subreports, one bound to each table. As long as the detail doesn't exceed the space on a single page, they'll both appear on the same page and you can include subtotals for each. You can also include net amounts in a footer

Cronk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:26
To include two disparate reports in the one report, use separate sub reports, each based on one of the tables, in the one unbound main report.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:26
I see you, Pat.

@mfaisal.ce - there is a danger when trying to base a report (or form or query) on two unrelated tables. The greatest danger is "data multiplication" which occurs in set theory when you do a so-called "permutation" operation. If there really is no relationship between the tables in question, Access cannot align them with each other and so will start creating ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS of the records in the two tables.

If your problem is merely that no formal relationship exists but there is a potential, as-yet unexpressed relationship, you could either MAKE the formal relationship OR in the query design grid, where the two tables are shown in the graphic area above the field grid, you could draw the relationship (which makes it a "temporary relationship").

If no such action is possible, then the ONLY remaining way to meaningfully display the data from the two tables is to display them in separate sub-reports (or sub-forms as appropriate). That would give you your visibility but to my mind, it would be terribly confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom