############################
page header
______________________.......______________________
|...Time.........|......USERS......|......|...Time.........|......USERS......|
Detail
|...[time].......|......[users].....|......|...[time].......|......[users].....|

as u can see in the dump.
i want it to display this way:
______________________.......______________________
|......1...........|..........12.........|......|......6...........|..........10........|
|......2...........|..........14.........|......|......7...........|..........21........|
|......3...........|..........13.........|......|......8...........|..........13........|
|......4...........|...........6..........|......|......9...........|..........1..........|
|......5...........|..........22.........|......|......0...........|..........18........|

but when i tell page setup to go down then across, it jus makes it 1 long list rather than 2 halves.

how can i get the effect i want? and why does the second colomn of the details move to the right when in preview mode as in the dump.

if u need more info, or want me to send u the report i can do that.

im usin access 2000

thanks in advance
DAL

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
Today, 08:50
ok sorted the above except for the last prob
the report is sorted by time and right now it goes:
__________________________.......__________________________
|......1...........|..........12.........|......|......2...........|..........10........|
|......3...........|..........14.........|......|......4...........|..........21........|
|......5...........|..........13.........|......|......6...........|..........13........|
|......7...........|...........6..........|......|......8...........|..........1..........|
|......9...........|..........22.........|......|......10.........|..........18........|

and i want it to go:

__________________________.......__________________________
|......1...........|..........12.........|......|......6...........|..........10........|
|......2...........|..........14.........|......|......7...........|..........21........|
|......3...........|..........13.........|......|......8...........|..........13........|
|......4...........|...........6..........|......|......9...........|..........1..........|
|......5...........|..........22.........|......|.....10...........|..........18........|

in colum layout i can choose to go down then across, but then it jus adds to the first colum and does not split it in 2 e.g.
|......1...........|..........12.........|
|......2...........|..........14.........|
|......3...........|..........13.........|
|......4...........|..........6...........|
|......5...........|..........22.........|
|......6...........|..........10.........|
etc...

and the second colum is not used. but i want it to put for example times 1-3 in col 1, and 4-6 in col 2, splitin it in half, but goin downwards as it is much tidyier.

thanxs for any help

DAL

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
forgot to attach the screen dump on how it looks at the mo:

Attachments

• report.gif
    report.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 91

dgoulston

Hasn't Got A Clue
Local time
dont worry sorted it, i cant explain how, cause it is thing that will only work on mine but it did. anyone have this prob and need help email me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom