Report, Page footer only show on last page (1 Viewer)

John thomas

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:43
Hi
i have a report that i use as an Invoice .I have all my totals in the page footer but if my invoice goes to more than 1 page I get the totals appearing on the footer of each page .
I need a way to only have the page footer show on the last page .
I think it may be something to do with the page footer on format event .But im only guessing
Thanks in advance

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Check out the Report Footer, as opposed to the Page Footer.

John thomas

Registered User.
Local time
Hi mark are you saying i should use the report footer for all my calculation.If so i did do this when i first constructed this report .but found it gave me many problems .
The page footer seems to work really well just apart from printing on every page .shourly there must be away of sorting this with code

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Hi mark are you saying i should use the report footer for all my calculation.If so i did do this when i first constructed this report .but found it gave me many problems .
What problems? Maybe those would be worth solving?
The page footer seems to work really well just apart from printing on every page
That sounds funny. What the page footer is for is printing on every page!
Shourly there must be away of sorting this with code
Yeah, so a report has a .Page property and a .Pages property, so theoretically you could, in the Page_Footer_Format() event handler, do this . . .
Code:
[COLOR="Green"]'see if this code makes sense
'it hides the pagefooter, except for on the last pate[/COLOR]
Me.PageFooter.Visible = Me.Page = Me.Pages
. . . but I believe that calling the .Pages property harms the performance of your report, because in order to figure out how many pages in your report, the whole report has to format first, and then rollback, and then print again, with whatever things you might hide, which might change the number of pages in your report again, and so on. So I avoid using the .Pages property. But you could test this, and in this way, only print the page footer on the last page.

Hope this helps,

John thomas

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Mark
Thanks for that i will let you no .Yes i do agree about the page footer on every page but it does seem to work really well

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Yeah, keep us posted on how things work out, cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom