report page setup (1 Viewer)

degremont

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:50
I define one report in PAGE SETUP / PAGE as Landscape, but when I reopen the ACCESS file and open the report it is automatically diplay as Portrait.
The strange thing is if I cloase the report and reopen it, it is displayed as Landscape.
I'm crazy about this...
HELP....

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:50
Go to Tools/Options and turn off all the "Name Autocorrect" options. It is best to leave these off permanently. Make sure that your version of Office is up to date with patches and service packs. This problem was supposed to have been fixed years ago.

Only turn on Name Autocorrect when you want to use its functionality to make some global changes and even then you'll need to be careful because the feature has a mind of its own.

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:50
I have exactly the same issue with my report opening portriat the first time, then landscape the next, I am running Access 2003.

I tried turning off the "Name Autocorrect" options in Tools/Options but it hasn't fixed it, any other ideas?

Degremont, did this fix it for you?

Help much appreciated :)

-------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: I have temporarily fixed the issue by changing the code that was automatically generated by Access. I simply run OpenReport command twice as follows:

Dim stDocName As String
stDocName = "RepairDetails"
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, acWindowNormal
DoCmd.Close
DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewPreview, acWindowNormal

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:50
You also need to be running the latest service pack for your version of Access. I have never actually run into this error so I am only passing along the collective wisdom of those who have. You may need to close and reopen the database after you change the Name AutoCorrupt setting and then change the report's orientation one more time before it will stick.

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:50
Thanks Pat, I have Access 2003 SP2, thats down to our IT dept. Therefore I will stick with my modified code that opens the report twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom