Report Print Issues (1 Viewer)

NearImpossible

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:34
On one of my forms, I have a report that is generated from 3 queries, which are based off of a couple fields from the form, then displays in print preview and saves to the network as a PDF. After this is completed the form closes.

This all works fine, but when trying to print the report from the Print Preview window, it tries to rerun all the queries again before printing, but as the form is closed, the required info is no loner available so it is prompting for the required info

Is this normal behavior or am I missing something?

If its normal, I just won't close the form until the report is closed.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:34
Hi. I just did a quick test and can confirm the behavior you're seeing. My guess would be that this is a normal behavior designed into Access reports. Just my 2 cents...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:34
AFAIK, this is normal and there are other events that run when navigating from page to page. This also means that the use of global report variables that store calculations can be 'dangerous' as they can calculate based on pages or events. You might preview page one of a report and look at a footer total and many not notice the final tally is vastly different from the printed report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom