Report printing issue (1 Viewer)

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:31
I have a report that has a printing anomaly. The report groups on matching field numbers (left hand column) like this:

10000 10 11
10000 20 21

20000 4 6
20000 5 9

30000 8 7
30000 9 6

Underneath each grouping, as in the above illustration, there is a footer that sums the data for each grouping (the two right hand columns). In the footer are two horizontal lines, just as in the above illustration. These lines were inserted using Tools/Line. When I run the report, I see these horizontal lines onscreen and they look exactly like I want them to. But when I print the report, not all the horizontal lines show. Sometimes the top one is missing, sometimes the bottom, sometimes both.

I cannot comprehend this since these lines all generate from the same footer and can be seen onscreen. I also tried another printer; same result.

Ideas?

Thx, William

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 17:31
Just an idea but is it possible that you controls are growing and hiding the bottom line?

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
Well, I tried nudging the heigth of the footer and moving the lines away from the edges as well as the controls, and I still get the same result. Also, if the lines were being encroached on by the controls, that should cause the same error at the bottom of every grouping. The missing lines just seem to be utterly random. So, I think it's something else. Thanks for trying.

scalextric59

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:31
I have had issues with certain printers when the line Border Width property is set to Hairline. If that is the case, try increasing to 1pt

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 15:31
I have had issues with certain printers when the line Border Width property is set to Hairline. If that is the case, try increasing to 1pt

I concur with that as I have too. For some reason, hairline width lines don't always do so well.

And we just recently had a situation where they would display okay on screen and when printed but not when sent to PDF. So, it turned out that in the PDF printer settings, the Resolution was set too HIGH.

liamrowan

Registered User.
Local time
Gentelman,

Changing the border to 1pt worked perfectly. Thanks SO much; I had just about given up hope. Please have a wonderful holiday season.

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 17:31
I will need to remember that, as surely I will come across it, I am glad the answer was found!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom