Solved Report Query (1 Viewer)

Debbie1954

Local time
Today, 06:56
I have a report with 3400 names in it. I want to be able to print all the names starting with A or all the names starting with B etc. I know how to use query to have it show only the A names or B names when I open the report. I don't want to have to change the query each time to have it print a different letter. Is there someway that when I open the report that I could tell it which letter I want it to search and show.

Thank you for your help I am fairly new to this and have searched but can't seem to find the right answer.

Debbie

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
Have the source query get its criteria from a form:

Like Forms!FormName.TextboxName & "*"

Debbie1954

Local time
Have the source query get its criteria from a form:

Like Forms!FormName.TextboxName & "*"
Thank you so much that works perfectly. I spent the last 5 hours looking for a solution online, should have come here first.

Debbie

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:56
Happy to help! Most of us use forms to gather user input for reports.

Debbie1954

Local time
Happy to help! Most of us use forms to gather user input for reports.
I have such sort of learned to use Access on my own so I have been able to do simple things but when it gets a little bit more in depth I am lost. I am using it to to store all the information for out local cemetery.
Again Thank You for your help.

Debbie

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:56
maybe a Dictionary like Report can be useful to you?

Attachments

• NameReport.zip
    89.3 KB · Views: 115

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:56
I realise you want the results in a report, but your question reminded me of a Form I know about from an early version of the Microsoft Northwind Sample database. The Northwind database is a database provided by Microsoft to demonstrate the functionality available in Microsoft Access. It's for demonstration purposes only, and you shouldn't use it for doing accounts, not unless you change some things as described on my website here:- Northwind Problem and Solution

In the YouTube Video I show the Form, and I point out a feature that I think might be useful to you and that is an Option Group, but not a normal Option Group, it's an option group containing letters (Toggle Buttons). A very clever idea. as many of the features demonstrated in the Northwind Sample database are. They are well worth exploring to see what you can do with Microsoft Access and I recommend everyone should download your own copy to peruse.

Northwind Customer Phone List - Nifty Access

I also provide a list of download links to the various Microsoft Northwind Sample files HERE:- https://www.niftyaccess.com/northwind-downloads/

The Northwind links page is getting a bit dated, I'm not 100% sure if all the links work! Feedback would be useful!

If you find my video useful then I would be grateful if you would sign up to my YouTube channel. I'm hoping to get to 1000 followers shortly, which opens up a tranche of upgrades which I'm really looking forward to having!

Uncle Gizmo's YouTube channel

Bare Link:-

If you sign up you will get notified every time I upload a new video demonstrating a solution to a problem in MS Access...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom