Report run issue (1 Viewer)

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:57
Greetings,

I just started supporting ms access 2916 db that was created by someone else. A report was created for managers whereby they run ‘open case report’.

The issue I’m encountering is that managers can access the report, they will be prompted to enter a name, managers enter caseworker’s name, but nothing happens.

However, when I run the same report everything is working as it should. I then have couple of them (managers) come to my desk, have them log in using their ms access credentials, and they were able to run the report without any problems.

Can this be a network permission issue somehow attached to computer name?

How/where do I check this?

TIA

Regards,

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:57
The test is not that they can run the report from your computer. Can you run the report from THEIR computer?

Typically, ALL users of a shared Access DB need Windows MODIFY permissions on the folder containing the data file. However, if they can open the report and get prompted, then the problem isn't permissions on the report.

You didn't specify, and it is relevant to the answer of your question. Is this a split database with individual front-end and shared back-end?

I will state ahead of time that if this is a non-split database, then your symptoms point to bad code because the ability to open the report (and get prompted) means you already have all the access rights you need. But for a split database, it is possible that the back-end permissions are wrong but the front-end permissions are OK.

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
The_Doc_Man , thank you for your reply post.

re: Can you run the report from THEIR computer?
No, I just logged in as myself and was unable to run the report

re: Is this a split database with individual front-end and shared back-end.
Yes, it is a split database

TIA

Regards,

Danny

Registered User.
Local time
I’m not sure if the following test I performed give us any lead to the cause(s) of this issue:

1. I can run the report fine from my computer without any problem

2. When I’ve the managers who are unable to run the report come to my desk and log in to ms access using their own credentials, the
report runs fine for them.

3. When I’m at the managers’ machine (they logged in windows) I attempted to run the report using ms access credentials, I was unable
to run the report.

4. I then used my windows login at the managers’ machine, log into ms access using my credentials, I was unable to run the report

I checked the reference file on managers’ pc, and determined to be the same as mine.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom