Report to show data for each individual employee! (1 Viewer)

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:54
Hi,

I have a query based on a table - this table has many fields, with each field representing a report.

table looks like:
ActivitiesID . . . .employeeID.. dte. . . report 1...report2..report3..

Now, I know this table is not normalized, and an obvious solution is to normalize is, but it's too late! I started developing this application without any prior knowledge and this report is the last thing I have to create.

My manager wants a report which looks like the file I attached.

How can I approach this? Is there anyway I can make this work without having to do alll the work again :(

please help!!!

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
file attached!!

Attachments

• Report.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 112

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:54
You know very well that your structure is not normalized but yet you still want to continue adding extra functionality to it. This is the time for you to stop what you are doing and normalize your data unless it will be too late. At the rate you are going you will have to re-rewrite your entire database to get things right. Right now, normalizing your data will take a few days so invest your time in doing that.

The code that is required to take you one step closer to the solution you seek requires your data to be normalized. Some people may offer a Union query and some may advise you to use a Recordset that will normalize your data into a temp table for it to work. I advise neither.

Normalize!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:54
This is forum where people are happy to help so I would advise that you take advantage of it and ask some questions about your table structure in the Tables section and I'm sure someone will be able to advise.

Once you have normalized the tables we can even give you code to help transform some of your data into the normalized tables and then you can come back to this question. I'm only saying this because I foresee bigger problems in the very near future if you don't normalize now.

If you need links that explain normalization let me know.

umair434

Registered User.
Local time
This is forum where people are happy to help so I would advise that you take advantage of it and ask some questions about your table structure in the Tables section and I'm sure someone will be able to advise.

Once you have normalized the tables we can even give you code to help transform some of your data into the normalized tables and then you can come back to this question. I'm only saying this because I foresee bigger problems in the very near future if you don't normalize now.

If you need links that explain normalization let me know.

Thanks again!! I will definitely post some questions in the table section to make sure I get it right this time.

Yes, if you have any links - that will be great! the more stuff to read, the better understanding I suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom