Report with more than 255 individual calcs ! (1 Viewer)

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:09
Hi... I am working on a db which needs to illustrate the growth rate of an assurance product over 3 growth rates and for 10 years, introducers fees (it also uses IIf statements to determine whether the introducer fee is an amount of percent) and management charges are calculated on the value of the fund at the end of each month then deducted, which as far as I can see means that a calc for each month against each growth rate is required ?? would anyone know if these calculations could be coded, below is an example of one months calculation which is currently held on the report....

as always any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated...cheers Fi

=IIf([IFAR]=0 And [IAR]=0,([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-[IFARenewAmount]-[IARenewAmount])*[GRM]+([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-[IFARenewAmount]-[IARenewAmount]),IIf([IFAR]>0 And [IAR]>0,([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-([mth1GRM]*[IFARP])-([mth1GRM]*[IARP]))*[GRM]+([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-([mth1GRM]*[IFARP])-([mth1GRM]*[IARP])),IIf([IFAR]=0 And [IAR]>0,([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-[IFARenewAmount]-([mth1GRM]*[IARP]))*[GRM]+([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-[IFARenewAmount]-([mth1GRM]*[IARP])),IIf([IFAR]>0 And [IAR]=0,([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-([mth1GRM]*[IFARP])-[IARenewAmount]))*[GRM]+([mth1GRM]-[WA1]-([mth1GRM]*[IFARP])-[IARenewAmount]))))

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 22:09
Couple of things.

Your question does not relate to the outline. What has 255 calcs got to do with it?

also if suppyting code please make it more readable by using code tags and indenting.

David

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Hi DCrake...many apologies for the messy code, the reason I said more than 255 individual calculations was that when I had more than this Access gave a message to say i had too many ?? does it sound correct that Access would not allow more than 255 individual calculations on one report ? cheersFi

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 22:09
Are we talking about 255 fields that make up the calculations? If this is the case then you need to look at using recordsets to glean the information to perform the calcs on.

fibayne

Registered User.
Local time
Hi...I had more than 255 individual fields on the report each had an individual calulation in it, I am sure there must be a more efficient way to do this but dont have the experience to know how to go about it ...cheers Fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom