Reports and sorting..........help...:) (1 Viewer)

vwsteve

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:47
I have a report that is grouped by the division of 3 seperate committees. The content is of the committee members. When I run the report it groups them correctly putting the committee member with it's rightful committee....but.....i can not figure out how to sort the data within each group to read starting with the president of each committee and continuing down the list as they hold the position...ex. V.P., Treasurer, etc.

It seems like I can only do this with an Ascending or Decending format.....at least thats all I can figure out with my Access abilities. Is there a way for me to organize the data within the groups the way that I want rather than having the program automatically do it for me...???

Does this make any sence to anybody?...thank you in advance for any insight with this for me....

[This message has been edited by vwsteve (edited 07-31-2001).]

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:47
Assuming you have a position table that you use to lookup the various titles a committee member can have, you can add another column to that table so that you can specify sort order. Then include this column in the query when you join the two tables. Use the SortSequence field as the second field in the sort order with committe being the first and LastName being the third.

vwsteve

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:47
I am not using a lookup for the committee titles....does the advice still apply in any way?....

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:47
If you are not already using one, create one so you have a place to store the sort sequence field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom