Reports by alphabetical Order. (1 Viewer)

BillBee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:42
The attached file shows reports displayed by ExhibitorID. I have tried unsuccessfully to rearrange these so they will appear in alphabetical order. No matter what grouping I use where there are Exhibitors with the same Surname the awards are being merged into one report. E.g. B Hollyman page 25 and N Hollyman page 33, also T and K MacKail on pages 31 and 32. Is it possible to group/sort these on Surname and Initial to have an alphabetical list and not a list based on ExhibitorID. Thanks.

Attachments

• Awards Report.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 86

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:42
sorting and grouping has to applied at the report level - not sure where it is, in A2007 ribbon, but you can probably right-click the report, and select sorting and grouping. select the fields you want - you will need 2 fields in this case - surname and forenames (or initials)

you also get header/footer options for each grouping item, so you can have a "pretty" header, or put toals in the footer.

if you used a wizard to design the report, you get asked questions about all this, but you may not have realised the significance.

BillBee

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:42
I have tried various combinations using grouping and sorting in the Form Design. Unless I use ExhibitorID I do not get all people getting their awards. Those with same surname get lumped together with the first exhibitor of that surname.

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:42
I took a look at the database you posted. All you need to do is add a Sort for Surname. You then need to drag the Sort to the top of the Sort/Group hierarchy.

See the attached revised version.

Attachments

• Awards Report.zip
    65 KB · Views: 78

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom