requery.. (1 Viewer)

emanuele

the old good fellow Bill
Local time
Today, 05:22
Hi everyone,
I have tried to make this help I got from IIkhoutx work on my database but unsuccessfully.... The thing is that (It seems) I do not know how to use the "requery" so that everytime I give any member new points the txbox "Medlemstyp" will update according to the sum of given points... I hope someone wants to have a look at both the help I got
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41472

and the database I am working on (Attached) I work with Access 2000 and windows 98.... sorry if the database is not very easy to read.... some parts are in swedish......

thanks in advance anyway.what I try to do, anyway, is to get a notice when "medlemstyp" changes according to the total of given points.

Attachments

• trial1.zip
    84.2 KB · Views: 137

jfgambit

Kinetic Card Dealer
Local time
Today, 04:22
My Swedish is terrible...well ok, to tell the truth so is my Portuguese...but I assume you are trying to Update the "SILVER", "PLATINUM" etc. combo based on the total point. If this is correct, what is the point range for each one…

Example:
< 25 = SILVER
26 - 35 = GOLD
36 - 50 = PLATINUM...etc.

Is this correct? Or am I on a really bad track?
:rolleyes:

emanuele

the old good fellow Bill
Local time
Today, 05:22
thanks for quick reply

the range is :

Chrome: >= 0 <=9
Silver: >=10 and <30
Platinum: >=30
I already have this in form current in the form "Medlemmar"

Private Sub Form_Current()
If Me![given points] >= 30 Then
Me!Medlemstypnr = 3
ElseIf Me![given points] >= 10 Then
Me!Medlemstypnr = 2
Else
Me!Medlemstypnr = 1

End If

What now I try to do is to get the message "Status Changed" every time it goes from Chrome to Silver to Platinum. It works really ok on the sample I preaviosly got, but when iy comes to write the same code on my database it doesn´t work. I know it depends on the fact that I cannot have the requery for "medlemstyp" (Chrome-Silver-Platinum) so that it will uppdate immediately after the member gets new points...

End Sub

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom