MEMBERSHIP TRACKING DATABASE SOFTWARE (1 Viewer)

AbrakJohn

Local time
Today, 13:24
I have a new project i am working on Membership Tracking Database and i am trying to make a sort of a software.
I have started a simple design on the project and i will need all the help i can get to make this a success.

Attached is the design i started working on. Please comments and contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attachments

• Membership DB.accdb
    848 KB · Views: 33

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 08:24
your query is labeled: Women Radio Membership DB Query, but it pulls only Men so.....shouldnt it be : Men Radio Membership DB Query

Dont you also need a table to track Membership dates , BeginDate, ExpireDate to know when membership expires?
What about payments?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
I have a new project i am working on Membership Tracking Database and i am trying to make a sort of a software.
I have started a simple design on the project and i will need all the help i can get to make this a success.

Attached is the design i started working on. Please comments and contributions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
IMHO a good db starts with good table design. Yours is like a spreadsheet. It has only one table. I would urge you to read a little on Db design, relationships, and normalization.
Take a look at the attached db. I think you will need further tables. I have entered only the first record in "tblMembers".
Please post back with any questions you may have.

Attachments

• Membership Bob 01.accdb
    780 KB · Views: 24

AbrakJohn

Local time
Its a Membership database for a radio station that stands for the rights of women majorly. I only inputed more of male names at it was imported by me from an excel file i created. We may not need dates like BeginDate. ExpireDate because it seems to be a kindly lifetime membership and its not a paid membership DB. Its a DB to handle and sort informations when ever needed like state of origin, unemployed and let's say resident state.
your query is labeled: Women Radio Membership DB Query, but it pulls only Men so.....shouldnt it be : Men Radio Membership DB Query

Dont you also need a table to track Membership dates , BeginDate, ExpireDate to know when membership expires?
What about payment

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 07:24
Why Access?

Your data is so simple (just one table--which is actually correct for your data) so what does Access do that Excel can't? Excel will let you filter, easily sort, it's easy to input data, it has a user friendly Find function, it can be made "pretty". I don't think Access is the right tool for this job.

AbrakJohn

Local time
I appreciate
IMHO a good db starts with good table design. Yours is like a spreadsheet. It has only one table. I would urge you to read a little on Db design, relationships, and normalization.
Take a look at the attached db. I think you will need further tables. I have entered only the first record in "tblMembers".
Please post back with any questions you may have.

LarryE

Local time
Today, 05:24
Since all you are really wanting to do is keep a list, but want to learn some things about ACCESS, I made a few changes to your database file and the form.
  1. You should not use spaces between words when naming objects such as tables and queries so I changed the names of those to be much shorter.
  2. I added a Filter Economic Status combo box in the form header so you can filter by that criteria. There is also a command button Unfilter to unfilter the form. You should open the form in design mode a select the FilterEconomicStatus combo box. Notice the properites of the combo box.
  3. Click the Events tab on the properties window and you will see [Event Procedure] in the After Update event. That means the code I wrote to filter your form runs After you update the combo box.
  4. Click the 3 little dots to the right and that will take you to the VBA window where you can study the commands that make the Filter and Unfilter work.

Attachments

• Membership DB.accdb
    1 MB · Views: 31

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:24
Here is a membership database I created a very long time ago. It has some features you might eventually need such as tracking attendance. It has features that are not fully implemented also so don't be looking for perfection. It is very colorful which is not a style I recommend but I built if for someone else and he liked pastels and candy colors.

Attachments

• MembershipList_20231016.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom