Reselect items in listbox based on records (1 Viewer)

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
Today, 06:15
[Resolved] Reselect items in listbox based on records

Hi all,

So I have a set of records that I want to let people edit when they realize they have made a mistake.

Currently they select from multiple listboxes and that populates records based on their user ID

What I would like is if they already have a record for a certain term, they can go in and edit that record. Hopefully this could be done with the same form, but what I need right now is to figure out how to reselect the items in a listbox that are in the recordset.

I have the listbox bound to a generic list of possibilities and would like when they click edit for them to be able to see those items they have already selected in the listbox (highlighted)

I can currently get the records pulled into a recordset, but i cannot get the listbox to reselect.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Code:
Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset("qry_benchskill", dbOpenDynaset)
reccount = rs.RecordCount
MsgBox reccount

rs.MoveFirst
    Do Until rs.EOF
            studentBench = DLookup("benchmarkID", "qry_benchskill", "studentYearID=3")
            'MsgBox studentBench
            For x = 0 To Me.List1.ListCount - 1
            'MsgBox Me.List1.Column(0)
                'MsgBox "see me?"
                Me.List1.Selected(studentBench) = True
            Next x
            rs.MoveNext
    Loop
This works for only one record. It doesnt go through the whole 44 records that it should be...

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:15
The DLookup will return the same value every time, since it has a fixed criteria. Perhaps it should be referring to the recordset for a value?

rainman89

Local time
The DLookup will return the same value every time, since it has a fixed criteria. Perhaps it should be referring to the recordset for a value?
Not very familiar with recordsets... can you pull things like a dlookup can?

in now you can do findfirst record where a condition is met, etc.. but how do you get it to return a value such as ID??

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You're already opening a recordset, you're just not doing anything with it other than the loop. Within your loop, you can get the ID or any other value in that query with:

rs!FieldName

rainman89

Local time
You're already opening a recordset, you're just not doing anything with it other than the loop. Within your loop, you can get the ID or any other value in that query with:

rs!FieldName

Thanks Paul, That works... now i have to get the listbox to show them all at once.

EDIT::Multiselect??? haha. forgot to turn that on

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It looks like you're on the right track, you just need to refer to the current record in the recordset somehow with this line:

Me.List1.Selected(studentBench) = True

either by setting studentBench or using the field directly in that line.

rainman89

Local time
Got it. Thank you!!

Once again cant't give you rep because I have before.... oh well!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm glad to have helped you out, Ray. I'm not in it for the points, but I appreciate the thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom