RESIZING Footer Section based upon visible items (1 Viewer)

beachldy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:33
Based upon a value in the DETAIL section, the footer section will either display 3 signature lines or just one. I got that part coded okay and it works, but the problem is the EXTRA SPACE left behind when there's only one signature line displayed (the footer still uses the same amount of space as if there are 3 signature lines).

I've tried setting the PageFooterSection.height property within vba but that doesn't work at all, and in fact, causes Access to crash. I just want the footer to SHRINK it's size when not all the items are visible. There are no fields, just LINES and LABELS like:

Signature One: ______________________________

Signature Two: _______________________________

Signature Three: _______________________________

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
I think for those items you will also need to use the DoCmd.MoveSize to move the controls up to where the first line is (even while hidden) or else the footer size can't be made smaller.

beachldy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:33
Thanks Bob, but MoveSize doesn't have an UP option, only Right, Down, Width, Height...I need to move the 2 signature lines on the bottom to move up.

I tried different subreports as an alternative in the footer(unlinked), but can't get them to switch correctly. They switch sometimes, but not all the time. Perhaps I can make a "fake" link but I think it requires a bound field, which does not exist on the subreport.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
Thanks Bob, but MoveSize doesn't have an UP option, only Right, Down, Width, Height..
Yep, that's what you need to do is figure out what those settings are for line one and then set the others to be that as well. I can't give you anything but you will have to do some math to figure out right (from the other's left and width). So to set the down property you would use a negative number to go up.

You use Twips to specify in there as well, so instead of calculating the entire thing, since 1 inch = 1440 Twips, I just do something like this (if I need to move something .33 of an inch):

.33 * 1440

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom