Riots in Minneapolis (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:09
A black man, Daunte Wright, was shot dead by police yesterday during a routine traffic stop. From a brief look at the details, he resisted arrest and then tried to re-enter his car. It seems that all the cases of police shooting black men lately involved the suspect resisting arrest. Just don't resist arrest and live! Apparently, he had an outstanding warrant against him, but I am not sure what for.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...icer-fatally-shoots-man-near-Minneapolis.html

I look forward to more details emerging from this case, so we find out what really happened. No one knows yet.

However, does this warrant looting and rioting? What has looting - stealing from others - got to do with someones death? Nothing. What justification do you have for rioting when you don't know the facts of the case? There is much talk against racial profiling and stereotyping as being something that you should not do. But profiling and stereotyping the police as being the perpetrators of brutality against black men specifically, why is that ok? Surely you can't have it both ways. For those who believe it is ok to stereotype the police but not black men, please explain that to me and the justification for why one is ok and not the other? I can't see it but I am open to hearing the arguments.

It is tragic when anyone dies, whether at the hands of the police (infrequent), or at the hands of a citizen. Everything nowadays seems to be turned into a racist incident, or something to do with skin colour. I can cite the facts that far more whites are murdered each year by black people than blacks murdered by white people. But no one seems to care about that truth. If you are black, you are 10 times more likely to murder a white person, than a white person murdering a black person. That is not my opinion, so don't shoot the messenger. All I did was look up the statistics provided by the US government.

Why are black people not protesting about the horrendous level of murder against white people by other blacks, at 10x the rate of the other way around? Do they not care about white people too? In contrast, there are millions of white people protesting for BLM.

I hope you get my point. Looking at everything in one direction blinds you to the truth. You can turn a blind eye, but you are only deluding yourself.

This is not about bashing blacks, or justifying police brutality. But it is about keeping a balanced judgement on things. This is the problem I see with movements like BLM. It only references one side of the story and takes no responsibility for the other side.

What are your views on these new Minneapolis riots, and my comments above? Am I deluding myself? Are the media and liberal politicians creating a tinderbox of race hatred, which is about to explode at the end of the George Floyd trial, whatever the outcome?

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Horrible news on this case. While the guy was resisting arrest, one officer was shouting "Taser, taser". But the officer reached for her gun by mistake and shot. Awful.

The lesson has to be, don't resist arrest as it can be deadly. But it keeps happening all the time.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:09
A very sad story, indeed...and an awful mistake. My prayers go out to all involved, including the people and businesses of Minneapolis, I hope that things remain peaceful no matter what.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I can count four deaths of black men that would not have happened in the last year had they not resisted arrest. This is not about blame, but just saying there is no need to put yourself in harms way.

There was Floyd, the guy who shot the taser running away from the police officer, the guy who fought with police and then he walked to get in his car and was shot, and this case today. There are probably countless more.

Why do people resist arrest with armed officers?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:09
Why do people resist arrest with armed officers?
Maybe because the left keeps telling them that they're victims and are being oppressed.

My parents made it clear to both my brothers and myself that we were never to argue with a police officer. Be polite, respectful, and follow directions. Period. Why are the parents of black children not giving their children the same lecture? By telling their children that the police are the enemy, it would seem that they are exacerbating the problem and laying the groundwork for their own children to be killed while resisting arrest.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Maybe because the left keeps telling them that they're victims and are being oppressed.
I do agree that continuing that narrative is not helpful to the black community. But when the "I have 4 houses" BLM founder leads the country to mass violence and rioting, I don't think it is going to change anytime soon.

I think the guy might have had a warrant out for his arrest, hence the reason they wanted him to step out of the car. But to fight with two police officers who are armed with guns, mace and tasers is just stupid. Perhaps it comes with being involved in crime. You put yourself at greater risk.

Even so, the mistake the officer made was terrible, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were charged with manslaughter. Who would want to be a police officer nowadays...

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
After Brooklyn Center MN is done burning there will another mass gun buy along with a mass exodus to a town near you.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

A very repulsive anti-police tweet by Obama that continues to inflame the rioting. Note that Obama never raises the issue that the rioters are acting in an uncivil manner. Additionally, Obama's incendiary anti-police language may indirectly affect the Chauvin trial. Those participating in rioting/looting themselves need to "reimagine" their behavior and responsibility towards society.

Embedded in the article above is this quote: "On Monday, Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., said Wright's death "wasn't an accident" because policing in the U.S. "is inherently & intentionally racist." Tlaib appeared to then call for an end to law enforcement entirely." Again, the political leadership of the US ignores the criminal behavior of those rioting and looting while continuing to falsely project the narrative that the police are the ones who oppressing Black people.

Larry Elders had an excellent summary calling Obama's tweet "deficient" in that it ignores the irresponsible behavior of those rioting and looting. As of this posting, a video clip of Larry Elders making those statements was not yet available. Hopefully, it will become available in the near future.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
To me, it was a terrible mistake by the police officer, not an intentional murder because they are black. I just don't see how you can reasonably connect the two things. It was clear she thought it was a taser.

As I've said before, when you repeatedly put yourself into the circle of crime, you increase your risk. He had a gross misdemeanour with an unlicensed firearm. He skipped his recent court date too. Then he resisted arrest and we all know what happened next.

If someone wants to explain to me why this is a racist incident, I am all ears.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
The cops decide to release the police bodycam as soon as possible, it made no difference the looting and rioting happened anyway.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
the looting and rioting happened anyway.
Why not? It's good to get free stuff.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
So far the Larry Elder video that I was hoping to post has not shown up. Here is the link to his website where there are a variety of videos available.

Another point that I unfortunately overlooked in my prior post. The death of Daunte Wright was tragic, nevertheless (give or take a few days) several police officers were killed and/or wounded by violent offenders. The pundits reporting on their deaths pointed out: "where is the media outrage concerning civilians unjustly killing police?"

Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
where is the media outrage concerning civilians unjustly killing police?
Very good point.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
A black man, Daunte Wright, was shot dead by police yesterday during a routine traffic stop. From a brief look at the details, he resisted arrest and then tried to re-enter his car. It seems that all the cases of police shooting black men lately involved the suspect resisting arrest. Just don't resist arrest and live! Apparently, he had an outstanding warrant against him, but I am not sure what for.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...icer-fatally-shoots-man-near-Minneapolis.html

I look forward to more details emerging from this case, so we find out what really happened. No one knows yet.

However, does this warrant looting and rioting? What has looting - stealing from others - got to do with someones death? Nothing. What justification do you have for rioting when you don't know the facts of the case? There is much talk against racial profiling and stereotyping as being something that you should not do. But profiling and stereotyping the police as being the perpetrators of brutality against black men specifically, why is that ok? Surely you can't have it both ways. For those who believe it is ok to stereotype the police but not black men, please explain that to me and the justification for why one is ok and not the other? I can't see it but I am open to hearing the arguments.

It is tragic when anyone dies, whether at the hands of the police (infrequent), or at the hands of a citizen. Everything nowadays seems to be turned into a racist incident, or something to do with skin colour. I can cite the facts that far more whites are murdered each year by black people than blacks murdered by white people. But no one seems to care about that truth. If you are black, you are 10 times more likely to murder a white person, than a white person murdering a black person. That is not my opinion, so don't shoot the messenger. All I did was look up the statistics provided by the US government.

Why are black people not protesting about the horrendous level of murder against white people by other blacks, at 10x the rate of the other way around? Do they not care about white people too? In contrast, there are millions of white people protesting for BLM.

I hope you get my point. Looking at everything in one direction blinds you to the truth. You can turn a blind eye, but you are only deluding yourself.

This is not about bashing blacks, or justifying police brutality. But it is about keeping a balanced judgement on things. This is the problem I see with movements like BLM. It only references one side of the story and takes no responsibility for the other side.

What are your views on these new Minneapolis riots, and my comments above? Am I deluding myself? Are the media and liberal politicians creating a tinderbox of race hatred, which is about to explode at the end of the George Floyd trial, whatever the outcome?

The black people are not protesting against the white people because of the norm that white people are always superior than the black. That if they will protest, it will only be a waste of time since they only have a little voice in the society. But of course, this is not always the scenario. Last year, a Black Lives Matter protests spread across the country and its ironic that a lot of white people joined in to help the cause.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That if they will protest, it will only be a waste of time since they only have a little voice in the society
What do you class as a little voice? The Democrat party constantly talking about race? A black President? A black vice-president? Liberal channels talking about race constantly all day? Is that what you class as "a little voice in the society."?

Daunte Wright had a warrant out for his arrest for attempted aggravated robbery charges after 'choking and holding a woman at gunpoint for $820 in 2019', court papers reveal
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...est-attempted-aggravated-robbery-charges.html

Does the woman who Daunte was threatening with a gun also have a little voice, or no voice at all while he was chocking her around the neck?

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Does the woman who Daunte was threatening with a gun also have a little voice, or no voice at all while he was chocking her around the neck?
Doesn't innocent until proven guilty apply here?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Doesn't innocent until proven guilty apply here?
Like the cop who shot Daunte? Like with Chauvin? How about OJ?

All soon-to-be criminals start off with the presumption of innocence before being tried and then convicted.

Why would an innocent man skip court? Why did he also violate his bail conditions last year? Do innocent people fight with police? Why do liberals assume only cops are guilty before being convicted?

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
For anyone who is interested, this is the court document:

Source: https://www.the-sun.com/news/2697094/daunte-wright-allegedly-choked-woman-steal-money/

Another interesting thing is that 95% of burglaries are not solved in the UK. So I assume it is similar in other countries. Given that, when someone is convicted of a burglary, it is probable that they committed 20x that number of burglaries. You only see the tip of the iceberg when caught. If he was guilty, how many other woman had he been chocking and threatening with guns? We will never know, because he fought to escape the police and we all know what happens next.

Last edited:

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Your assuming what she reported is true. Unfortunately false reports are rarely prosecuted and occur all the time. I cant count the times I've personally seen this play out. Also note that that is only a probable cause report. Do you not find it odd they allegedly pulled a gun, choked her, tried to physically take the money but they left without the money?

Why would an innocent man skip court? Why did he also violate his bail conditions last year? Do innocent people fight with police?
There were reports that notices were sent to an old address. This is also a rather common occurance. His bail violation was failure to report. This very often is just a phone call he has to make saying he's still around. It's a rather minor violation, rarely ever results in any kind of sanction. Yes innocent people do fight with police. It's not smart but they do it. If your innocent and they're trying to arrest you and refuse to even tell you why, many people resist.

At the moment I'm pretty busy trying to track down people who have missed court dates. With the pandemic and the courts operating remotely, cases are getting shuffled around from date to date. Many defendants have been evicted or had to move for one reason or another. They couldn't afford minutes on their phones. They are not getting notices because they've moved from the address on file. Their attorneys dont know where they are. Bear in mind many of the cases started over 2 years ago and have been in limbo since.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Your assuming what she reported is true.
You're assuming that the prosecutors case in the Chauvin trial is true, before hearing the defences case.

Daunte may be innocent, we will never know. Reasonable minds are likely to believe that he was probably guilty, given the fact pattern of an allegation of robbery, skipping bail and skipping court ( a serious offence as I will show, despite your claims) and fighting with police officers. He clearly wanted to get away.

There is nothing odd about leaving without the money. Taking a decision not to murder or escalate further with a resisting person, while she was screaming at the top of her lungs is not odd. It could easily be to avoid detection and to limit how far you are prepared to go during a robbery.

It's a rather minor violation, rarely ever results in any kind of sanction
Let me fact-check the fact-checker.

In Minnesota, I read this:

if you fail to appear on a felony charge, you will serve no less than one year and one day as well as a fine of $1,500 for the failure to appear. This is what is referred to as a mandatory minimum; the judge cannot sentence you to any less than one year and one day for a felony failure to appear.
Source: https://www.myminnesotadefenselawyer.com/criminal-offenses/failure-to-appear/

That directly contradicts your claim that it rarely ever results in any kind of sanction. In fact, it says it is a mandatory minimum of over a year in prison.

The alleged victim also identified the suspects in a photo lineup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom