Riots in the USA - just an excuse to let off energy? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:50
The left is so bat-s*** crazy that moderates who dislike Trump can justify voting for him because he isn't going to take away the police. What a reason to vote for a president! But, we'll take it:)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:50
Some say, well, on calls for Domestic Disputes or Mental Health issues, we'll send an unarmed person who is more of a professional in that field.

What I would like to see is, what % of police dispatches which were mostly framed as Domestic Disputes or Mental Health issues turn dangerous?

I would have a very limited trust in any statistics returned from this, however, because any caller can frame any situation any way they deem best, and it might turn out to have several/different factors going on, of course. But the impression I've gotten over the years is that Domestic Dispute/Violence calls are some of the most volatile & dangerous calls police take, in the end.

What I would support is adding a mental health (etc) professional to go along with the police, with the agreed understanding that the police will defer as much as they possibly can to their advice, but still be there if someone is about to get hurt or killed. There is almost always a "balanced" policy that most people could agree on...but unfortunately in politics too many things are framed in the more extreme, so we can't get anything done.

Oh, and this little thorny detail: My plan would involve "extra-funding" the police, actually. To pay the person going with them.

And, we don't know how many psychiatrists or domestic dispute arbitrators would agree to don their kevlar vests and head out to a dangerous neighborhood at 2 AM to face this thing head-on. But I guess we could find out. All I know is psychiatrists charge $150/hour cash and STILL take Thursdays & Fridays off!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
What I would support is adding a mental health (etc) professional to go along with the police, with the agreed understanding that the police will defer as much as they possibly can to their advice, but still be there if someone is about to get hurt or killed. There is almost always a "balanced" policy that most people could agree on...but unfortunately in politics too many things are framed in the more extreme, so we can't get anything done.
Yes send a BLM representative with the cops that would be brilliant!

After the assailant stabs the BLM representative then the cops could shoot the perp. Two birds. ;)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Now you're just getting too creative ;)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:50
@NauticalGent Since you have lived in both Italy and the US, how would you describe the quality of life difference between the two places? Or are the lifestyles quite similar?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
@NauticalGent Since you have lived in both Italy and the US, how would you describe the quality of life difference between the two places? Or are the lifestyles quite similar?
Prior to this COVID BS, the US had a HUGE advantage as far as being able to get what you want quickly. Internet service is superior as well and just about anything in the commercial area...

That being said, the Spaniards (I lived there too) and Italians just enjoyed day-to-day life better. Much happier and less drama. I ne could argue that I did not live as they did since I had US income to live on and I could always pull the plug and go back - and they would not be wrong. Even so, I do not think I am wrong. Europeans as a whole just seemed to have more fun and celebrated life more.

Thats how I saw it anyway!

Reactions: Jon

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Body-cams serve no purpose might as well get rid of them.
The quest to excessively require evermore documentation, such as a body-cam, to prove either "X" or "Y" is leading us into a morass of minutia. Documentation, unfortunately, is subject to abusive manipulation by corrupt people having an agenda. You may have thought you saw "X" but the documentation may have been organized in a manner to "prove" "Y". Reality simply degenerates into an illusion.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Generally speaking, I'm OK with the idea of trying to get body cameras on all cops, I mean at least it helps reduce the sum total of "he said/she said". Although like you said, there is always the "he said/she said" from whatever the camera didn't capture, before, after, sideways, etc. etc.

The aspect of this that's been a learning experience to me, and shocking sometimes, is finding out just how many people actually want to argue that service weapons should not be used even when someone is physically fighting, wrestling, grabbing at the weapons of, an officer. I mean geez - to me it goes without saying that if you've actually gotten to the level where not only are you ignoring "get on the ground" or "put your hands up", or "stop", but you've actually accelerated to where you grabbed the cop physically and are now performing wrestling moves on them, or punching them, or rolling them around on hard concrete.......You will be shot. I think if you asked me 6 months ago, I'd say almost everyone knows that. Now I'm not so sure!

One thing that gets me is people's expectations of a cop who has just had to roll around on the concrete with someone. That experience is not to be underestimated! (When's the last time you even just hit your head HARD on the relatively soft top of the car door frame while getting out? - You're barely functional for a few moments--now trying giving it one hard bump against concrete. Now try doing it a few times, then pretend immediately after it happened, someone grabbed your Taser, ran away, but started to turn back and try to fire at you. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't shoot at that point is just making stuff up to the point of absurdity).

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Prior to this COVID BS, the US had a HUGE advantage as far as being able to get what you want quickly. Internet service is superior as well and just about anything in the commercial area...

That being said, the Spaniards (I lived there too) and Italians just enjoyed day-to-day life better. Much happier and less drama. I ne could argue that I did not live as they did since I had US income to live on and I could always pull the plug and go back - and they would not be wrong. Even so, I do not think I am wrong. Europeans as a whole just seemed to have more fun and celebrated life more.

Thats how I saw it anyway!
Interesting to hear that perspective. I know money can assist in quality of life, but many other factors are in the mix too. I know that some Europeans talk about their culture having more depth and history compared to the US, but I do not know if the US citizens feel simlarly or not.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
If you feel like society or another culture has wrong you, then please state your case and lets all work together to help those affected. If you strike out in anger at innocent shop owners, citizens or the police you lost any credibility. The Two police officer in Compton Ca were rookies 14 months on the job ambushed for what? Then BLM goes to the hospital and wishes them dead. These people are everything they say they are fighting except worse.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
While Black Lives Matter claims that the (racist) police are "hunting them down", ignored is the violence being being committed against the police. Below is just one of many examples. Even if barely acknowledged by the "left", these attacks against the police are just dismissed. It may be too soon, but I have not heard of any "official" statement from Black Lives Matter condemning this type of activity. Furthermore, even, Biden, the supposed "unifier" who falsely claims that Trump is being a divider fails to forcibly condemn the shooting of police, rioting, and looting (only issues gratuitous meaningless platitudes that allude to violence as "bad").

Witness seemingly mocks ambush attack on LA deputies
An eyewitness to the ambush attack on two Los Angeles County deputy sheriffs mocked the wounded cops and quipped that they were “aired out,” a troubling video posted on Twitter shows.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Had to laugh Jon. You mentioned the USA and culture. Surely you can't say what we see on TV news about the USA is culture?
The USA comes across as a lawless, gunslinging, ignore any safety advice country. There was less tension back in the days of Cowboys and red indians. (Mind you, they did have Randolph Scott and John Wayne to keep order)
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:50
We've been over that, Col. You and I both know that the news readers read articles written by political hack writers who want to control what you think because Heavens forbid that you should actually think for yourself. So you get terribly slanted news. A lot of us actually DO abide by the safety advice. Not all of us sling guns. (Our reporters sling crap, but that does a different kind of damage.)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
what we see on TV news about the USA is culture
That would make about as much sense as if people thought that what they saw in the infamous British tabloids, was "culture".
The impression I've gotten is that most of British media is dominated by silly tabloid stuff, those things in the supermarket checkout with the cheap paper & pictures of celebrities naked, without makeup, divorced, arrested, etc. Most people here don't even look at them, but we're told in Britian they are the main reading material.
But I am smart enough to guess you probably have more culture than that, although it's not evident from the dominant media landscape.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
George Floyd died on May 25, 2020. The "left" used that death as an opportunity to incite mob outrage, even before the full facts were known, leading to rioting, looting, he burning down of portions of urban centers, and the rise of the racist organization Black Lives Matter. Officer Derek Chauvin was charged as the person responsible for Floyd's death. Chauvin's trial has now begun. Tucker Carlson, in the video below, reviews the accumulated evidence so far. Including evidence which the "left" previously ignored so that the "left" could "construct" a false narrative as a means to inflame the mob into violence.

It is fortunate that Tucker has provided this update. To many stories simple "die" after the initial outrage. It usually takes some time for the facts to emerge. But even if the original story that inflamed the mob turns out to be false, few media outlets go back and revisit the story. And that should include corrections and apologies, on the front page, not burried in small print on the last page.

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Do you think it is possible for the cop involved to get a fair trial? Do you think there will be riots and more death if they find him not guilty of murder?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Do you think it is possible for the cop involved to get a fair trial?
Just past the 5 minute point of the video, Carlson delves into that point. The potential jurists are being intimidated by the mob. Whether the members of the jury cave of not is not known at this time. But with the emergence of "cancel culture", we have seen too many people cave under this type of intimidation. It would be unfortunate for out judicial system if the jury determines that Chauvin is guilty as an appeasement to the mob and not based on the facts.

Do you think there will be riots and more death if they find him not guilty of murder?
That is an irony with the "left" wing motto of "No justice, No peace". "Justice" in not based on the rule-of-law (our judicial system), but on the political agenda of the "left" wing extremists. Based on similar verdicts in the past, were the police person involved was not found guilty, there will be more rioting and deaths.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom