Solved Runtime error '3061' too few parameters .expected 1 (1 Viewer)

mansied

Local time
Today, 09:10
Hello
I have this small VBA code which is appending data from one table( that is selected in the list ) to other table with the same fields and name.

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Dim sVal$

sVal = Me.Combo0
sVal = "INSERT INTO OSFinal " & _
"( HDR_OPR,AID_AMC,AID_AIN,BOEV_IODBOEV_BOTM,BOEV_BOTM,BOEV_TMT,BOEV_TMD,DHRS,BOEV_BOSU,ECL, " & _
" PREV,BOEV_REP,EVCT,EVCD,BOEV_ATA,BOEV_BATA,EVT_DCT,EVT_MNT,MULTI,FILE_KEY,BOEV_OOI, " & _
" BOEV_BFOD,BOEV_BOSN,BOEV_BFRY,BOEV_MNC,BOEV_BTSH,BOEV_FLT,BOEV_REM,LNK_OEI,TASK_ID,GUARANTEE_CHARGEABILITY_INDICATOR, " & _
" CHARGEABILITY_CODE,TASK_TYPE_CODE,JIC_CODE,REPAIR_STATION_NAME,[NOTE],Num ) " & _
"SELECT HDR_OPR,AID_AMC,AID_AIN,BOEV_IODBOEV_BOTM,BOEV_BOTM,BOEV_TMT,BOEV_TMD,DHRS,BOEV_BOSU,ECL, " & _
" PREV,BOEV_REP,EVCT,EVCD,BOEV_ATA,BOEV_BATA,EVT_DCT,EVT_MNT,MULTI,FILE_KEY,BOEV_OOI, " & _
" BOEV_BFOD,BOEV_BOSN,BOEV_BFRY,BOEV_MNC,BOEV_BTSH,BOEV_FLT,BOEV_REM,LNK_OEI,TASK_ID,GUARANTEE_CHARGEABILITY_INDICATOR, " & _
" CHARGEABILITY_CODE,TASK_TYPE_CODE,JIC_CODE,REPAIR_STATION_NAME,[NOTE],Num " & _
"FROM " & sVal

CurrentDb.Execute sVal

End Sub

I have This error
1634742905592.png

I have copied each field one by one and the same name but...
Do you see any problem here?
Thank you in advance for your help

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:10
In this context, what is in the bound column of Me.Combo0 ??? Because unless the bound column of Combo0 resolves to the name of a table or query (which ALSO implies that a selection has been made or a default value exists), you have a FROM clause seeking to append to an arbitrary value that, for all we can tell from the context, could even be a number. But syntactically, it HAS to be the name of a table or non-action query.

Then, there is the implications of the semantics ... that you could have multiple tables with identical structures including identical field names, all of which can be selected based on a combo box. Which screams "non-normalized structure."

Try to tell us in WORDS, not code, what it is you are trying to do.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 13:10
Hello
I have this small VBA code which is appending data from one table( that is selected in the list ) to other table with the same fields and name.

Private Sub Command2_Click()
Dim sVal$

sVal = Me.Combo0
"( HDR_OPR,AID_AMC,AID_AIN,BOEV_IODBOEV_BOTM,BOEV_BOTM,BOEV_TMT,BOEV_TMD,DHRS,BOEV_BOSU,ECL, " & _
" CHARGEABILITY_CODE,TASK_TYPE_CODE,JIC_CODE,REPAIR_STATION_NAME,[NOTE],Num ) " & _
"SELECT HDR_OPR,AID_AMC,AID_AIN,BOEV_IODBOEV_BOTM,BOEV_BOTM,BOEV_TMT,BOEV_TMD,DHRS,BOEV_BOSU,ECL, " & _
" CHARGEABILITY_CODE,TASK_TYPE_CODE,JIC_CODE,REPAIR_STATION_NAME,[NOTE],Num " & _
"FROM " & sVal

CurrentDb.Execute sVal

End Sub

I have This error
View attachment 95445

I have copied each field one by one and the same name but...
Do you see any problem here?
Thank you in advance for your help

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Sval appears to have to be 3 different objects All at the same time???
A string for a value, a string for an insert sql and an object to extract from???

mansied

Local time
In this context, what is in the bound column of Me.Combo0 ??? Because unless the bound column of Combo0 resolves to the name of a table or query (which ALSO implies that a selection has been made or a default value exists), you have a FROM clause seeking to append to an arbitrary value that, for all we can tell from the context, could even be a number. But syntactically, it HAS to be the name of a table or non-action query.

Then, there is the implications of the semantics ... that you could have multiple tables with identical structures including identical field names, all of which can be selected based on a combo box. Which screams "non-normalized structure."

Try to tell us in WORDS, not code, what it is you are trying to do.
I have a drop list in my from which shows a list of tables .when user chooses one by clicking append wants to append data to a main table(OSFinal)
sval refers to the name of selected table.

mansied

Local time
Sval appears to have to be 3 different objects All at the same time???
A string for a value, a string for an insert sql and an object to extract from???
I am confused .In Fact , Sval is the name of table which is chosen in a drop list and wants to append its data to a main table .
shouldn't it be a string ? the name of the selected table ?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:10
I think the way you're using sVal is okay, as in it will work, but it's unusual. I'd probably do something like:

"FROM " & Me.Combo0

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well debug.print sVal and post back the result.?
Just looked weird to me, first it is a combo value, then a sql string where that sval is appended to?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Just curious, did the new link work for you?

mansied

Local time
Well debug.print sVal and post back the result.?
Just looked weird to me, first it is a combo value, then a sql string where that sval is appended to?
This is the sample database .it seems work here ,but when I add the code to my file which has the same structure tables ,I have a syntax error (3131)????
why ????? same code ,same tables??? I lost ....

1634843227511.png

Attachments

• Test_v03.accdb
    4.4 MB · Views: 327

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Did you try the Debug.Print method? If so, what's the SQL of the failing query? You don't by chance have spaces in table names do you? If so you'll need to surround the table name in square brackets.:

"FROM [" & sVal & "]"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom