S.O.S:Export Table to Text with Header & Footer (1 Viewer)

kostaskir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:20
Hi Guys,

I am in a quite difficult situation. My boss asked me to export 3 tables from an Access 97 DB to text. Dilimited. This is not my actual problem. I know how.

My problem is that I have to add a Header( With the NOW() Date) and a Footer with the result of a Row Count for each Table.
As I know Access doesn't give this functionality. To Add a Header & Footer on the exported file.

I really don't know how to do this.

Please ! Any Help ! Would be Highly Appreciated !!

Thank you.

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:20
Create a Report, this will give you a header and footer where you can add your date function and the results of a query (to add up what you need). You can then export the completed report as a text file.

kostaskir

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:20
Thank you !!!!

I will try that immediately !! :eek:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:20
you may find it hard getting the delimited data via a report. A report is designed to look like printed report - not a csv.

the thing is that exporting a csv produces a csv, either with or without a header row. Having additional data in the csv file just stops it being a csv. you could either add todays date into an extra column in the query, or save the date in the file name

the same thing with the footer. the row count is obvious from the csv.
Or if the csv is opened in excel, will be apparent in excel.

i think you may need to tactfully suggest that it is not possible to achieve what he wants, and give him an alternative that he can use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom