Save BMP to a table (1 Viewer)

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
I am trying to create a table (Access 2013) to have a few bmp images (very low size) saved as an ole data type. I keep trying to drop and drag the bmp to the table and it saves. In the column of the I am trying to save to the word "Package" appears (not "Bitmap Image"). I have also tried right clicking on the cell, click on "Insert Image", "Bitmap Image" and that brings paint up. If I cut and paste into paint it works fine, but the background of the BMP is transparent, and paint does not support it. How can I save the BMP's I created without cutting and pasting (and that is very hooky btw) in the paint editor access brings up? Is the OLE data type not really being supported?

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:56
Thanks for the video, but it still does not work. I followed each step exactly as the author did. I end up getting just a BMP icon appearing

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:56
Robert,

Just tried this again using Acc2010. Got same issue you did "package".
I did some searching and found
a) you have to click on the icon in order to get windows to open the picture viewer to see the "image"
b) an article that sort of explains things
c)using attachment field will show the image directly (see attached jpgs for table design, table data, and form view)

Attachments

• Robert1.jpg
    Robert1.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Robert2.jpg
    Robert2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 423
  • Robert3.jpg
    Robert3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 516

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom