save data from two forms into one table (1 Viewer)

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:47
I have two tables TABLE1 & TABLE2. Each have different elements. I have created a from with values from these two forms and want to store the data into another form. How to achieve it ?

Table1 = Name, division
Table2 = BookName, Author

Table3 is where i need to store the data from table1 and table2.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Are the tables related in any way? Normally you wouldn't store duplicate data, you'd just retrieve the data as needed from the first two tables.

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Are the tables related in any way? Normally you wouldn't store duplicate data, you'd just retrieve the data as needed from the first two tables.

yes the tables are linked and they are on a form. i want the save button to submit the data into table3 with the values present on the form (that is created by inserting values of table1 and table2)

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:47
Hi

Can you upload a screenshot of your Relationship window showing all fields in the related tables?

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time

Attachments

• relationship.png
    relationship.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 65
  • form.png
    form.png
    16 KB · Views: 73

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
? I'm confused. What happened to
Table1 = Name, division
Table2 = BookName, Author

Your fee table doesn't look very normalised , it's not normally a good idea to store data in field names.

So fields called Jan, Feb, March etc. will cause you quite a lot of problems later on. Just think how you will add up the total for instance. Simple in excel, much more awkward in Access.

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

From what I can see you have to study Table Normalisation.

Your Fee table should NOT have a field for each Month.

You would need a field named "MonthsID"

You would need a table which contains a list of all Months.

Then on your Form for Data Input you would have a Combob Box whose Record Source would be the values from your List of Months tables.

You are Linking FeeID - Autonumber to a field in your Batch table which does not have an Autonumber Field. Is BatchID a Number Data Type?

vagues0ul

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

From what I can see you have to study Table Normalisation.

Your Fee table should NOT have a field for each Month.

You would need a field named "MonthsID"

You would need a table which contains a list of all Months.

Then on your Form for Data Input you would have a Combob Box whose Record Source would be the values from your List of Months tables.

You are Linking FeeID - Autonumber to a field in your Batch table which does not have an Autonumber Field. Is BatchID a Number Data Type?

yes batchid has number datatype. currently i am interested in saving the record in another form. kindly guide the process to save data from these fields to another form. thanks

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Sorry but you need to get your tables constructed correctly BEFORE you start saving data.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Not sure if it applies to this situation; but typically, one would use a form/subform setup to display and enter data for related tables.

Just my 2 cents...

soap

Registered User.
Local time
Any further solution to this request. I'm interested too. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom