Solved Save Filter as Favorite for each user by himself (1 Viewer)

Sarah.M

Local time
Today, 17:12
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is disabled at work for security reason.
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.

1.For example, if I make any filter in that table and I like it and I want to save it as Favorite, I click on the save filter button then I can put name for that filter and his criteria saved automatically and then it will show up in my Favorite filter in drop down list (combobox). and then I can chose which filter I like from the list and run it after update
2.and I want each user can make his own Favorite filter by himself and manage them to keep them or delete them etc..
How can I do it, because it is going to save time to me by making favorite filters

Plz Help!

Attachments

• ‏‏‏‏SaveFilter5Ask.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 383

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:12
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

At last, here, I can download your files. Thanks!

Sarah.M

Local time
By the way, just FYI, this is a crosspost of this other discussion.
OMG, So happy to see u here, I grow up and developed in Access becuse of you and MS Community, WoW

I do not understand "By the way, just FYI, this is a crosspost of this other discussion." do you mean my Question is Canceled?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
OMG, So happy to see u here, I grow up and developed in Access becuse of you and MS Community, WoW

I do not understand "By the way, just FYI, this is a crosspost of this other discussion." do you mean my Question is Canceled?
No. It's considered common courtesy to let all volunteer responders know if you have been working with others on the same topic already (like when you post the same question to different forums), so as to minimize repeating any suggestions already given/received and to avoid confusions (due to multiple conversations happening at the same time).

Sarah.M

Local time
No. It's considered common courtesy to let all volunteer responders know if you have been working with others on the same topic already (like when you post the same question to different forums), so as to minimize repeating any suggestions already given/received and to avoid confusions (due to multiple conversations happening at the same time).
Thanks for the clarification, should I in the future provide links to all the sites where I asked a question?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Looking at your filter table, I would suggest adding a column for which form the filter apply as well.

PS. Also, I would recommend changing the data type for FilterCriteria from Short Text to Long Text.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for the clarification, should I in the future provide links to all the sites where I asked a question?
Yes, that would help others reading your question to see how much help you've already received, so they can concentrate on new ideas for you.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:12
Yes, that would help others reading your question to see how much help you've already received, so they can concentrate on new ideas for you.
Like this already suggested

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi, Plz note, My VBA is disabled at work for security reason.
I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only.

1.For example, if I make any filter in that table and I like it and I want to save it as Favorite, I click on the save filter button then I can put name for that filter and his criteria saved automatically and then it will show up in my Favorite filter in drop down list (combobox). and then I can chose which filter I like from the list and run it after update
2.and I want each user can make his own Favorite filter by himself and manage them to keep them or delete them etc..
How can I do it, because it is going to save time to me by making favorite filters

Plz Help!
Hi. I didn't have a lot of time to work on it today, but I hope this helps you get started.

Attachments

• ____SaveFilter5Ask.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 387

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks, I like what you did!
I can not wait to see the rest of it...
Not sure when I'll get another chance though. How about you give it some try and let us know if you run into any issues.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:12
here is another alternative.

Attachments

• ____SaveFilter5Ask.accdb
    1.6 MB · Views: 391

Sarah.M

Local time
here is another alternative.
Hi, I like what you did it is Great! and I have plan to post same as what you did in the future
I like this Forum, the members are smart and patient, they offer more than one solution and alternative options. Wow

I know many people do not like me becuse I have problems at work that my VBA is disabled at work for security reason. I can use only Expression builder, Macros, Queries, Tables, Forms and Reports only. as I mentioned earlier. If you can convert it to Macros I will greatly appreciate it

Plz I hope I didn't disappoint you :( I am sorry
These are difficult conditions that I suffer from my VBA is disabled, but I do not want to give up, I hope all people understand my circumstances.

I believe that there are many people who suffer from the same problem that I suffer from, and they will benefit from your experiences and solutions
Thanks indeed!

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:12
You should be aware that a good few members here are on many other forums?, as evidenced by theDBguy posting about your crossposting?

Sarah.M

Local time
You should be aware that a good few members here are on many other forums?, as evidenced by theDBguy posting about your crossposting?
Yes, I apologize for this mistake, I did not know this information policy, but I stopped posting in more than one forum. In the future I will announce that I put the same topic in more than one forum. I was not able to delete some duplicate topics from some forums, but in some forums I don't know how to delete duplicate topics.
plz understand, I am not used to use Forums before, I use YouTube always, and sometimes Microsoft Community.
I believe I am going to grow up with this Forum!

Sarah.M

Local time
Not sure when I'll get another chance though. How about you give it some try and let us know if you run into any issues.
Hi, I tried to do it but it does not work :(
plz help!
1635791156842.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom