Save reports in pdf format? (1 Viewer)

Tracy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:08
Does anyone know how to save a report to a .pdf format or any other format from where you can copy and paste. Currently I am using snapshot viewer but it is not possible to copy and paste from this format

Thanks

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Have you tried the Word Export option. I know this doesn't give you a 100% copy of a report, but it might do.

To get an Adobe pdf file you need Acrobat. There might be some free or cheaper alternatives, but I don't know of one.

What do you want to do?

Tracy

Registered User.
Local time
I want to send the reports electronically, but allow the recipients to copy and paste. At the moment I send them using snapshot viewer but they can't cut and paste from that.

I've tried outputting to word but too much of the formatting is lost.

I think we have Acrobat reader which I understand is enough tgo view .pdf files. It comes as standard as far I know.

Any ideas?

Tracy

Registered User.
Local time
I want to send the reports electronically, but allow the recipients to copy and paste. At the moment I send them using snapshot viewer but they can't cut and paste from that.

I've tried outputting to word but too much of the formatting is lost.

I think we have Acrobat reader which I understand is enough tgo view .pdf files. It comes as standard as far I know.

Any ideas?

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Acrobat reader is free. The full version of Acrobat including Writer you have to buy.

Tracy

Registered User.
Local time
Any ideas on how to get the reports saved in .pdf format?

Thanks

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Erm, buy Adobe Acrobat?

There are other utilities that will also save in pdf format, so you could go for one of them. Try an internet search for pdf writer.

Most of these install as a printer driver, so you simply print your report to the pdf writer and a pdf file is the result.

Keith P

Registered User.
Local time
Try PDF995 (Google search). You output PDF as a psuedo Printer which perhaps presents another problem unless you are using Access 2002 because earlier versions do not have a Printer Object.
Hope this helps.

Tracy

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks that does help. I'm using Access 2000 si I will forget the whole idea! Easy life....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom