Searching for a record from multiple forms (1 Viewer)

rlmoss44

Local time
Today, 10:17
I am learning through trial and error about creating a database and now I'm stuck. I currently have 4 tables and 4 forms(which will grow). The forms are set up to pull data from the applicable table. Each table has numerous fields (no duplicates). I've also created a Form called "Main Menu" that list buttons that will "GotoForm"

Im trying to create a search box or button on the Main Menu Form that when I enter a SSAN it takes me to the record on form that person belongs to. Is this possible using a code?? For instance GoTo Record?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:17
What do the tables contain? From your statement "form that person belongs to", it sounds like you have tables for each person or something. That would almost certainly be a mistake.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:17
rlmoss44,
Learning by trial and error is a long and unpleasant process.
Here is a great Access Basics guide from Crystal

You should also become familiar with relational database concepts. Here are some freevideos to help.

Good luck.

rlmoss44

Local time
the tables have anywhere from 100 to 300 record lines but each table has a "SSAN" field....In all of my forms I made a search box the finds the record based on the SSAN but its only looks at one table. The link is a screenshot of my current tables. You can see that all of them have a SSAN field. I tried the relationship but couldn't figure it out. Thanks in advance

To see the link delete the space after //

https:// drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6XwWjMZP5iWHhsa3pGUDYtVmc/view?usp=sharing

rlmoss44

Local time
I fixed it!! what I did was just put all the information on an excel sheet and created a 1 table that I had to drastically modify, thanks again for all your help!!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:17
Glad you have a solution that works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom