Security and Permissions (1 Viewer)

Wicklund

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:28
I have a database that I would like to set up three levels of security (something I have never done before).

Admin: Would have full permissions to modify anything in the database.

User: Would have permisison only to enter data, use command buttons, view and print reports.

Viewer: Would have read only access. Could use command buttons to move around the database, and print reports, but could not enter or modify data.

Thank you for you help,

Newman

Québécois
Local time
Today, 02:28
To start, find the file Wrkgadm.exe and click on it.
Click on create, give the informations needed and click OK.
Give the location of the db as the location of the System.MDW file.
Create a shortcut to your db and in the properties window, in the target box, type this:

"The path to your ACCESS file" "The path to your database" /Wrkgrp "The path to your System.MDW file"

Open your db (with the shortcut) and click on
Tools > Security > Security Wizard
Click on Next if you want to modify the existing file (Recommanded)
Then Next again if you want to protect all the object of your database (also recommanded)
Choose the groups you want to create (in your case: Maximum Autorization; Data Only ; Read Only)
Then choose next to be sure to give no permissions to the Users group (Users, here is the group Access gives, not one the three you gave me)
Enter the name of every users with their password
Then Next
For each user, give the group(s) you want them to be in
Then Next again
Hope that it helps you!

e2cheng

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:28
Same problems, but one step behind:

hi, i was looking to do exactly as Wicklund has done.

However, I was stupid enough to try something stupid and created some kind of admin lock on my database. I'm trying to get rid of this and follow directions in Newman's email, but I have issues. Does anyone know how to resolve my first issue??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom