Seeking Testimonials (1 Viewer)

murray83

Games Collector
Local time
Today, 10:25
@Jon

more than welcome to offer a testimonial for this site

"this site has been invaluable, has helped me make better database design choices and also have learned a vast amount, if not for this site i would still be sat looking at a blank screen"

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@Uncle Gizmo This site is over 20 years old now.

Just checked the WHOIS details and it said this:

Created on 1998-06-04
8,097 days old = 22.2 years old

Last edited:

Dreamweaver

Local time
I've made a few comments about my time here I'll see if I can find them

Mick

Reactions: Jon

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@Jon
Here's my testimonial:

AWF has for many years been by far the most active Access forum. Amongst its regular contributors there are many experienced developers, including several past and present MVPs, all of whom gladly give up their time to assist others.
When I first started using Access around 20 years ago, AWF was extremely helpful to me as an excellent source of information and played a very significant role in helping improve my skills and knowledge.
I returned to the forum around 3 years ago with the specific intention of trying to help other forum users. Although originally intended as a form of payback, I have also found how beneficial answering members questions has been for reinforcing my own skill set. I remain extremely grateful to both the forum and all its members

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks Colin.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Sorry Jon, I am not that eloquent when it comes to things like this. :(
Here is my attempt.

I joined in 2011 as I needed help with a DB I was creating. Just like many others do. :)
Over the years, I have continued to receive additional help when asked, also a lot of valuable advice, if I was not approaching the problem correctly, due to my lack of experience.
I have also learnt even more, just by viewing responses to other members requests for help. (y)
With advice given by the experienced members here, I believe the help here is second to none.

I now try and pay some of this back, by answering simple requests for help where I can.
I really enjoy being a small part of this friendly community.

Use any of it as you see fit.
HTH

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks @Gasman. Eloquence is not required, just authenticity.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:25
Jon,
I hope this is helpful to the cause.

I have been retired from data management for several years, but participate in AWF in hopes of giving back and learning. Twenty years ago there were only a few forums. After lurking here and learning a lot from the various subforums and response dialogs, I joined Access World Forums to get help and ideas on specific issues. I continue to find AWF a friendly, informed and civil group to share, promote and discuss database topics with a focus on Ms Access.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Here you go @Jon

I started working with access back in 1995 and for years struggled with books, but then I found AWF.
If I had not recieved the help and advice from members I would have stuggled for years with the basics.
Even after 25 years I still get stuck on occation but know that if I dig myself a hole members here will always help dig me out.
thanks to all.

Hope it's of use @Jon feel free to correct any mistakes thanks mick

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks @MickJav. Only just noticed that you joined 15 years ago. Wow!

Dreamweaver

Local time
I was around before that before I went into hospital for a very long stay I may heve gone by dreamweaver but had to relearn a lot ofter that bad spell,
I know I didn't join straight away I wasn't much of a joiner in them days

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
A big thanks to all those who have contributed testimonials. I have more now than I actually need! So, if I don't use yours at this point in time, I may use it if I find another area to put them in. In any case, I am grateful for the submission.

The testimonials I will use have no reflection on the members who have submitted them. Some of it is based on the wording, the length of the wording, and the aesthetic of the avatar so that there is a consistent look and feel.

I've struggled a bit with the formatting. And some testimonials are difficult to add the avatar if an image is not uploaded, and just relying on the default ones provided by this forum software. I found I can't save them since they are a link to an image rather than a downloadable image.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:25
The layout looks nice and inviting, @Jon -- good job!

The testimonials are nice ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom