Selecting data for report issue (1 Viewer)

lyatri

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:40
Hi All
I want to be able to generate historical reports for work done for certain clients on certain days. I have managed to get the query behind the report to display two text boxes asking for client name then date but obviously any spelling error of differance makes it not work. Firstly I wanted to make it bring up a combobx with the client list but reading on here I saw that wasn't possible and that I needed a form.

I have produced a form with a combobox linked to my client list and another with a date entry box how do I now get a query or report to run using that data. Do I need another table behind the form or something.

Thanks in advance

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Instead of

[Enter customer]

In the criteria you'd have

Forms!FormName.ComboName

You can use the Build feature in the criteria as well.

lyatri

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
I tried the above fix but it doesn't seem to work. I have set up the form with two fields a drop down box linked to client list table and a text box with date input mask. My query links to the main database which has two fields the same as above. I tried entering the above code and it didn't bring up any records. I then tried to use the expression builder which placed an exclamation mark between both bits of info. This didnt work either

Thanks in advance

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What is the SQL of your query?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom