Selling APPs (1 Viewer)

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:03
I would guess yes but only by the people who established them.

CoachPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:03
Are there specific apps that are in demand ? ie: scheduling programs or inventory control?

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:03
My gut reaction is that you would need to create the demand by demonstrating why the application you have for sale is better than what they are already using.

If it’s an Access application then most people I’ve seen around here think they can start writing it themselves. Well, they can but the trick with Access is being able to finish it.

What is the application written in and what is the competition?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 06:03
Are there specific apps that are in demand ? ie: scheduling programs or inventory control?

Phil,

I am guessing that you are going to have to do a lot of work to create something in Access that is better than what is already out there. I regret to admit that a lot of people want a quick fix to their problems so they are very apt to buy off-the-shelf junk that is pretty looking, but does not do the job like intended. I'm guessing you are going to have to do a lot of talking and convincing of others to sell your applications.

I also think that access apps need to be very sophisticated in order to sell themselves, at the MINIMUM. I don't doubt that selling software is possible, but it really has to WOW the buyer I would think. I'm not trying to discourage anything, or anybody, but figuring out what is in demand might be the biggest challenge in itself.

CoachPhil

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:03
Chris, I have many applications written in 2003, from Leave Request Schedules to Performance Appraisal Apps to Employee Reporting on key indicators

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom