Send information from Access to Email (1 Viewer)

Slinky

Local time
Today, 23:46
I currently have a database which logs issues that come in to me from the business. The database has been designed to keep all stakeholders informed of there request and for the user to write to the stakeholder with a responce through Access. (The reason for this is so the database keeps track of all responses sent back to the stakeholder.)

However even though i am using a memo box the database will only send about 255 characters and no more. I understand this is the max value for a text box however this should not be the case for a memo box. :eek: :confused:

Is there anything i can do i am currently using the following code:

cmdEmailAssignedTo : On Click

="ID " & [ID] & ": " & [Title] & " Status: " & [status]

My database is almost complete just having this one problem... is it a function within access that can not be resolved?

I will send the database over if needs be...

Thank you in advance,

Jay :eek:
(Slinky)

GaryPanic

Smoke me a Kipper,Skipper
Local time
Today, 15:46
check the samples - some clever spark has done this one already .. I am not sure which version its in :)

CharlesWhiteman

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, search "Access to outlook" and you will find some good examples, one of which I modified for my requirements to generate appointment confirmations.

fitzpgl

Local time
Today, 18:46
Any solution to this question concerning memo fields and 255 character limits in email :confused:

Thanks in advance

fitzpgl

Local time
Today, 18:46
:banghead:

I looked at the link, but I didn't see anything that helped. Of course, my VB & SQL skills need a lot of work.

Thanks

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:46
That is where the answer is.

A bandaid solution is to get the memo text directly from the table where it is, by using Dlookup (look it up in the help file or on the web).

CharlesWhiteman

Registered User.
Local time
are you sure your underlying database field is not set to text 255 rather than memo to match your text box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom