Send Object Command (1 Viewer)

SteveD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:36
Hi,

I've got a subform with a list of managers on it. When a particular manager's name is clicked I have a simple procedure (using the docmd.sendobject) to open up a blank e-mail in microsoft outlook addressed to the relevant manager. It works fine except that the egg-timer appears when the blank message opens, not letting the user edit the message. If the user then alt+tabs out and back it's fine. Does anyone know why it should do this?

Matthew Snook

NW Salmon Database
Local time
I've never used the sendobject command, so I can't answer your question. So I'll offer another: did you try using the hyperlink properties on the field that holds the e-mail address? That will open up the default mail app and address it appropriately.

Matt

SteveD

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply, for clarification I don't have a field for e-mail addresses in the database,-I've simply got a list of names, I've put a simple bit of code on the 'onclick' event which opens microsoft outlook and as long as the name is in our internal address book it will work (apart from the problem I mentioned originally).
I suppose I could have a seperate field for their full external e-mail addresses and use a hyperlink, however I don't know what all these are-I would have to go through the address book at look them all up-they won't all have the same format as it covers several different countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom