Sending and Recieving SMS via MS Access (1 Viewer)

sixHat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:40
Double Question,

Does anyone know of a GOOD and DEPENDABLE SMS Gateway to SEND and RECIEVE texts that's also cheap? One of my clients is stuck on Message Media which seems all things told to be reliable but you pay for it.

And if so have any accessed their API's via MS Access? If so, code examples would be much appreciated.

grlyons

Local time
Today, 17:40
I have a similar question on integrating SMS with Access. I downloaded MessageMedia's API but it is in ,Net. The MessageMedia reference does not show in Access. They mentioned that the .Net project is usually referenced. Any inexpensive solutions with SMS and Access?

shelsayed

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:40
Double Question,

Does anyone know of a GOOD and DEPENDABLE SMS Gateway to SEND and RECIEVE texts that's also cheap? One of my clients is stuck on Message Media which seems all things told to be reliable but you pay for it.

And if so have any accessed their API's via MS Access? If so, code examples would be much appreciated.

Hello ...............................................

sixHat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:40
In my search I ended up coming across this article... which lead me the the Twilio Gateway: http://www.webandblog.com/hacks/twilio-text-messages-ms-access-integration/
Truthfully in the end I just ended up creating a web app via PHP... web technologies are much more simple to implement via the web... but you should be able to send messages no problem from Access using the articles code example. Integrating this code example shouldn't be that different using Message Media as they use HTTP requests as well if my memory serves me correct?

I ended up choosing Twilio because they had outstanding support... I initially tried Clickatell which is very cost effective as well... but support with Clickatell is the big down fall... which I really needed at first since I was new to HTTP requests at the time being mostly experienced in application development.

Twilio charges about a penny per text sent or received. Where as Clickatell charged a $10.00 monthly rate for 1000 texts... if memory serves me correct... it's been a while since I used Clickatell... plus their prices may have changed.

grlyons

Local time
Today, 17:40
Thanks for the reply, I was looking to see if there was a way to integrate Clickatell or someone whose API was written in .Net. The reason is that all incoming texts are free and I can send out texts in my application if I know the contacts carrier. I would like to receive the texts messages and in Access create keywords that are associated with a particular group. I would bring the data into access and parse out and filter the texts to group the keyword is associated to. In the reply the contact would be asked to enter the keyword, first Name, last name and carrier. Now that how the carrier, I can send out Texts free and reply back to the contact. It was mentioned can you reference a .Net project in Access. Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom