Sending formatted form data in email (1 Viewer)

prao

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:45
Hi All

This question may already been posted by someone, but I tried to search for right answer, but I never got one. So please help me.

I have a form with one record, I need to email the data's in the form in a formatted way.

Formatted means, for example
All the column names on the left side and the data on the right. This I need to be neatly placed in a table.

This is how the output must look. I created this using pipe symbol and dashes. But I need to create a table, using table, normally used in HTML.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Log # | SW2002-1 |
| Date | 7/15/2002 |

and so forth. I have 27 fields in the form, combinations of Text boxes, check boxes, combo boxes, Memo fields.

Please help me in solving this problem. It is very critical for me
and need to show the result but tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.
prao

Carolyn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:45
Hi Prao,

Have you tried creating a report. You can use the report wizard to create it for you in the format you desire. I frequently make reports and then email them by simply right clicking on the report in print preview and select send. This sends the report to Word and then you email program will open and you will send it as a Word attachment. I hope this will work for you. If not maybe someone else can help with another idea. Good Luck

Carolyn

prao

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Carolyn

Thanks for the reply. But what you suggested me is round about method, which my company people wont like it. They want to send the email from the application, by just clicking a button.

Thanks
prao

Carolyn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:45
Prao,

I understand. I wish I had that knowledge to help you but I don't. There are plenty of Access magicians on the forum that will be able to help you. Good Luck:)

Carolyn:)

gwunta

Access Junkie
Local time
Hi Prao

The easiest way I found to email formatted records was to use a simple macro. I have a macro that runs every time a company fills out its information form. Details such as company name, address, phone, location of data files and more all get put into a report. The program will not function until all fields are filled out. When the user closes this form, a report is generated and emailled to my email address, identifying the company using my software. Its a good way to keep tabs on illegal use of software.

Create a new macro and in the Action column, type SendObject. Down the bottom in Action Arguments, just type in the details for the email and send in Rich Text Format. That will allow you to send the report with a table, pictures and everything.

Put a button on your form that runs the macro and hey presto, you have emailled the record with all the fields included.

Grant :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom