Sending messages with Outlook (1 Viewer)

Rob.Mills

Registered User.
Local time
, 20:46
I have been using a procedure that sends emails out from Outlook. But now I wanted to add some things to the body of the email.

I'm having trouble getting the body to format correctly. I've got several lines with a label at the beginning. What I want is for the values to be lined up together on the left so it looks clean. What does VBA have to offer to set that up?

harra

Registered User.
Local time
, 19:46
Rob,

I don't know if you are using the Outlook Object Library or not, but if you use the HTMLBody property instead of the .Body you can pass HTML formatted text and open a level of formatting to your messages that you cannot easily do with the .Body tag. Pretty much if you can do it on a webpage you can do it in the e-mail message. I've sent some pretty highly formatted and coloful messages using the HTMLBody tag.

Rob.Mills

Registered User.
Local time
, 20:46
So what I would need to do is create a string variable that looks just like the source code for a web site, yes?

I'll have to brush up on that... been awhile since I've done HTML.

harra

Registered User.
Local time
, 19:46
Rob,

Yes, all you'd do is set the HTMLBody tag equal to a string that is properly formatted HTML. Since it sounds like you are doing something simple a table may be your solution to keep everything lined up.

At least HTML is not a very difficult "language" to get "up to speed" on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom