Sending OLE Object Through Email (1 Viewer)

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:07
Hello,

I am currently updating an Access database and was wondering if there was a way to send an OLE Object (in this case an Excel Spreadsheet) as an attachment to an email address using VBA code? I have looked all over the place and have not found anything that helps my situation. I made a form that shows the Excel Spreadsheet when the record is brought up, but I need to know how to send just the Excel Spreadsheet and not the other information on the form.

Also, if there is an alternate way to have an Excel spreadsheet embedded into an Access form, i'm open to change. The user wants to be able to see the Excel spreadsheet and send it to their supervisor without having to locate the Excel spreadsheet on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Last edited:

Estuardo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:07
Hi,
Usually you send attachments in one of two ways:
1. Via Outlook
2. Via SMTP
For more examples you may want to search the forums with these keywords "Attachment", "CDO", "SMTP", "Outlook".

About the embedded Excel Object... I don't think you can do that with the most recent Office version. A long ago, you could insert an ActiveX (Office Spreadsheet 10/11) control from the toolbox and Voilá!.
May be others can help you with this subject. I don't do Excel at all.
G'd luck

Dnalor

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:07
Thanks for the reply Estuardo! After some more research I have found out that the OLE object itself can't be sent through email from the database. It can be sent as a report with the OLE object, but not alone. I have decided to just use a hyperlink referencing the spreadsheet in the database.

Again, thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom