Seting the Control Source - Help please!! (1 Viewer)

commandolomo

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:13
Hello All

I currently have a form set up in which several textboxes autofill when a combobox (based on a query) option is selected, using the method of setting the textboxes properties control source as =[Vision Post Reference].column(2). This works fine on the form, however the info it pulls through is not populated on the main table - obviously as the control source is not set to the table reference, there is no link for access to put the data that appears on the form onto the table.

But of course I require this info to be populated onto the table's fields!!! Does anyone know if it is possible to set the control source on the table design to replicate what I am doing on the form?

I have attempted to copy the coding from the textbox into the Table's Design fields, but to no avail - please see attached screenshots for clarification.

Any ideas? Am rather perplexed!

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshots.pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 167

Keith P

Registered User.
Local time
Try setting the control source of the textbox to the underlying table field. Use the after update event of the combo to update the data, e.g. myTextBox =[Vision Post Reference].column(2)

commandolomo

Registered User.
Local time
Keith P

Many thanks - I hardwired the code into VB and has worked just great!

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom