Sharing a form...problem on close (1 Viewer)

DT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:10
We have a database (Access 97) that's shared across a network. I have a routine that will close the database when I want. The problem is, there is one form that won't shut down. The form is just a search form. No adding to it is possible. I get this message:

'FormName' has been changed since the last time you opened it, either by another user or because another instance of it was opened on your own machine.

Do you want to replace the changes that you or another user made?

*To save your most recent changes and discard the others...click Yes.
*To save this version of the object with another name, click No.

I have tried all sorts of stuff to get around this. The other forms don't have this problem. In fact all of the other databases I have built don't have this problem. I have split the database but we have to share the front end. Sending the front end to all users is not an option...Not allowed! I really don't know what else to try and am looking for suggestions. Anyone care to take a stab at this?

Thanks,

DT

pafcpilgrim

Keeping it Green
Local time
Today, 08:10
DT

Just a thought there isn't a .ldb file that isn't being deleted when you close the database down is there?. I have had a database shared across a network and occasionally the lbd files on the serving machine would get locked and i would have to delete manually.

Either that or the form itself could be corrupt, delete it and restore from a backup or if it is a simple form re-create it.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom