Show and list duplicate entries in table (1 Viewer)

Veronka

Local time
Yesterday, 20:43
Hi,
Hope somebody can help. I want to have the ability to check for duplicate entries - if duplicate, I want all the duplicates to display(list) in a new field.
This is a warranty database and I'd like to see all the previous issues (claim ID's) relating to certain serial number.
I'm very new to Access but I know there's a way of doing it but I just don't know how. I've tried searching for the solution everywhere but I've only come accross articles about removing duplicates which I don't want.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:43
There is a Find Duplicates query Wizard.

Go to Query -- New

It steps you through the process

gaby

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:43
It's just a matter of view, previous issues aren't exactly duplicates. You will search the table of issues where the serial number is equal to the serial number of the warranty.
Create a query of the issues table and filter by the serial number related. If you want to make it more flexible make it ask for the serial number so that it isn't a constant on the query; furthermore if you need to consult several warranties then make a table with a list of the warranties to consult and join it with the issues table on the serial number.
Hope I was able to explain it clearly and that this might be useful to you.
Gaby

Veronka

Local time
Yesterday, 20:43
I have run the Query which is great but this just lists all the duplicates. I actually wanted any previous claims to pop up somewhere in a new field in the actual table.
Let's say I enter a new claim with the serial number 123456 in a serial number column in my table and soon as I tab away, a list of ID's (previous claims relating to this serial number) will pop up in a field called Previous claims. Is this possible?
Thank you,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom