Significant site upgrade (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:58
Today, I hope to upgrade these forums to the latest version of Xenforo, that was released a couple of days ago. It has a significant number of improvements, and I am excited to get moving on it! There is the possibility it may break some of the third-party extensions added to this board, but I will only know after doing the upgrade. Let's hope its a a smooth upgrade!

Now I'm off to take that backup...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok, I've run the upgrade. Had a bit of a shock when I found no posts could be read! Fixed that now. If you notice any bugs, let me know.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I'm seeing a few bugs. Missing toolbar in the Post reply section. Also, when I post a reply, I get a bar that runs from left to right in a cycle at the top of my screen. It is a horizontal bar but also a vertical bar on the right hand side of it. Whoosh whoosh it goes! Are you seeing that?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:58
Yes, I saw that. Go "Home" then back to "Forums" and it goes away.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:58
Also, cannot edit my own post.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:58
@Jon. I clicked Reply on your post. Normally, that would include a quote of your post in my post. It didn't happen. Also, I don't see the toolbar either, so no formatting or inserting anything in my reply post. I also tried editing other posts but couldn't.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Just changed the logo on the dark theme, which went missing.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
PS. Looks like copy and paste of images and attaching files are not working also.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 477

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
PPS. Oops, since I can't edit my own post... So, it looks like attachments work, but the reason I said it didn't was because there was no indication the attachment process completed. Now, to explain that attachment. When you hit "Post reply," it used to clear out the reply box. It doesn't anymore. Also, as the image shows, the line feed were stripped out after submitting the post.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Yes, its leaving in the text in the box. Odd. I am steadily upgrading some of the add-ons to see if that fixes some of the bugs. I've got tons of add-ons so its taking a while!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yes, its leaving in the text in the box. Odd. I am steadily upgrading some of the add-ons to see if that fixes some of the bugs. I've got tons of add-ons so its taking a while!
Testing the Reply button

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Testing myself.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Are you getting the bar at the top of the screen going from left to right in a loop?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Are you getting the bar at the top of the screen going from left to right in a loop?
I do now...

Edit: Oops, I thought you meant the Toolbars for Formatting and Inserting. Sorry...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I used to get this, but it's gone now...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I don't see any such moving bar. (So far my only activity here has been the Reply button, and the regular post reply box.
Edit - using Chrome

I will say the very useful "Preview" functionality seems weird. At first I thought it wasn't working, now I realize it really is showing me what I think is an accurate preview - just not in a different spot on the screen like I'm used to. Cool, I guess.

Major Improvement Alert: I use Ctrl+B and Ctrl+i a lot, for bold/italics. In the past, whenever I wanted to take it back off italics, it didn't work most of the time, until I typed more text, then highlighted it, then removed the i or b. Right now it seems to be working significantly better..

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
There have been upgrades to the reply box, but the toolbar thing is baffling me.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Ok. I have the fix! Clear your browser cache!

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I've just added code and inline code buttons. Would anyone use the inline code buttons? Someone want to try it?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Hey, was the Preview button on the right in existence before? I think I've just clicked it for the first time. Pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom