Site down (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:31
Site has been down a lot for me all morning when i try to access the forums page

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 22:31
I have been in and out all day, not noticed anything?

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Perhaps clear your cache?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I get this occasionally when trying to save my post. My solution is to copy my post (just in case), refresh the page - click circular icon with arrow, usually in the header bar (I use Opera browser) then click save

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 14:31
It seems to be resolved now, I got it ~20 times earlier, not at all any more, have not changed anything 👍

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:31
I got the "Database Error" message on first attempt to contact the site. I hadn't even connected yet when I got the message, so there was no post to save. We probably should watch for Jon to explain that little glitch to us later.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I was backing up some stuff on the site, so perhaps that was the cause. I presume it takes up some of the servers CPU to do it and perhaps all the disk activity impacts the connection. It is a wild guess. I presume it was a one off. Let me know if it isn't.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:31
Depending on exactly HOW you do the backup (and that includes knowing the DB engine behind Xenforo's storage methods), it might be that the DB was inaccessible in order to be able to identify us. I've seen it before. There was a right way to do backup and a wrong way to do backup. (And then, just to finish that time-honored phrase, there was also the Navy way...)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I used CPanel Full Backup, which is software used for hosting websites.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
For your information, I tried to log into the website last night between 3:30 a.m. And 4:30 a.m. And the site was not working. However I note that some other websites were not working either so it may have been an issue with my internet provider...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
That was a late one for you Uncle. Sounds like it could be an ISP thing if other sites were also affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom