Site Issues ??!! (1 Viewer)

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 09:39
I have heard from a few that they are having IE problems. They are not related to this site but may be adding to its' problems.

I have not had a reply or PM in weeks so I have had to put a stop to answering problems.

Hope this helps a little.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 01:39
The problems that I am having are more related to Chrome and Firefox not working properly with the site, IE seems just fine

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:39
Have you had these problems since I have posted that the host has changed some settings? Have you cleared your browser caches since then?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Jon, for now I think it looks good. I can see my/others replies. Posts are updated properly and visited threads are not an issue. If there is any more problem, I will keep an eye out. Thank you. :)

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
I use Chrome/Firefox at home, IE at work (and at home if need be to get on the site).
Currently at work, not home for quite a few hours, but I have had simular issues a good while back... I will try once at home and post back.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for your replies. I need to get some more people to tell me its ok and also a further update later, so I know its resolved. Thank you.

For anyone doing a test, please clear your browser cache first.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I just tried to post a reply on another thread and was directed to login although I was already logged in, however on this thread it worked?:confused:

Brian

On Safari on my iPad

CazB

Registered User.
Local time
I just posted a reply to a thread... it's showing I've replied but when I go to the thread the reply isn't there?

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Okay I think I should take it back, it is playing up again. I have to physically perform a clear cache everytime to get the result. Nothing actually has changed. :(

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
The host has changed something else. Can you please clear your cache and see if you still have any errors. If someone could tell me how I can replicate the error, I would be grateful.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
I have just now been able to log in and post from a chrome browser, which hasnt been working for the past few days.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
I just had "it" happen again. Hadnt logged from 8pm till now, all posts in between read.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I presume that it assumes that all the posts posted before you log off have been read and only shows posts since then, or am I misunderstanding?

Brian

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
all posts read means all posts read.

Proper behaviour would be (like now) to have all posts BEFORE you left to have been marked as read... and any posts after to be marked as unread.
When logging on last night and this morning all posts were marked read... and no I didnt wait 20 minutes or something rediculous for the forum to mark them read.
Click my shortcut for the forum, click new posts, "no new posts currently, click here to see posts in the last 24 hours" or something to that extent.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
No need to get all upperty , I was just trying to see if I understood your situation as I am not having the problem, for me it has always behaved in the manner you call proper , which was as I described , sorry to have troubled you.

Brian

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Yesterday, 19:39
How long does it take after you come back for them to show read? Eventually, they all do that, as every forum does, even if you don't leave and come back, but for me it takes a while on here. Maybe 15 minutes? I'm sure there's a setting on the forum.

I've never had it mark all read.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
I leave myself logged on when closing the forum, then upon my return then next time/day I return to the forum and as soon as possible click "new post" and they all turn up read....

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:39
Hi Jon.

The fault I described in post #23 appears to have been fixed, thank you.

Regards,
Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom