slow (1 Viewer)

srideout2525

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:40
I'm having complaints about my database. People are telling me that when they try to open up a form it takes forever. Why would things take so long to load? Is there a way to speed it up?

Any suggestions?

spacepro

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:40
Ask yourself some of these questions:

Is the db run over a network?
Do you run complex queries?
How many users?
Compacting of db - does this take place.

There are many factors why your db could be running slow.
Post back with some of the info above, this might help to identify the apparent problem.

I am sure the more experienced members will be able to identify your issue. I would be asking myself these questions.

Hope this helps

Andy

srideout2525

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:40
Is the db run over a network? YES - the database is split with the tables on the server.

Do you run complex queries? Not really. For some sections there are a few queries that have four to six tables involved...but it's slow all over.

How many users? Upto 4 - 6. BUT mostly one at a time.

Compacting of db - does this take place - It's not automatic. I will compact it once in awhile, butthe database isnt heavily used.

Using Access 2002...is that a problem?

Help

Kevin_S

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:40
Are your forms using tables as recordsources? (my psychic ability and spider senses are telling me yes) This is probably your problem as this is one of the main reasons for slow down. You need to based your form's recordsources on queries with strict WHERE clauses so you only pass one or a handful of records over the network at any one time. There are a TON of other ways to speed up the performance of the db.

As this topic has been covered a million times - instead of retyping the same info I will suggests doing a search on this forum for keywords such as:

"Slow db"
"Slow"
"Optimize"
"Optimize db"
"speed up"

This should get you what you need...

HTH,
Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom