Smart Attendance Reporting (1 Viewer)

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:11
Hi all

I manage an apprenticeship programme for a college. Students attend from multiple Local Authority areas, multiple schools per LA area.

We require to report attendance by school after each day of the course. Currently this is particularly time consuming because attendance is marked by class.

For example: A class has 24 students, from 14 difference schools. Rather than extract the data per school into a report, then email it (repeat per school), is there a smart way to get access to create individual reports per school at runtime that I can then email directly?

Grateful for any assistance.

Thanks
Frank

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:11
build the report you need to email
and instanciate an Outlook automation
from Access to send the report.

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Hi all

In trying to resolve this issue, I found a similar example on here relating to Payslips. The exact functionality I am after is the same as this. Only instead of emailing Payslips to staff, I wish to email attendance reports to schools.

I downloaded a working dbase and have tried re-engineering to fit my needs. Making some progress but my lack of knowledge on this kind of stud is proving my downfall.

I've managed to get the routine creating a single pdf file for the first school, however doesn't loop through the remaining schools and doesn't send anything to email.

I would very much appreciate any guidance from experts on here to move it forward. Attached is my test database.

Thanks
Fozi

Attachments

• FQ Test Database.accdb
    1.2 MB · Views: 167

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Fozi

I knew this looked familiar & indeed found you posted an almost identical thread about a month ago here:
https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=289872

Not sure why you started a new thread but it would help users if you had provided the link yourself.

What you also haven't described is the steps you have taken since that first thread ....

Background info - which may be relevant ...
When I worked at a school in North Somerset, we sent students on link courses to college each week (as did several other local schools nearby). As Deputy Head, I was also the schools' link co-ordinator for several years

For the first few years, the college used to fax(!) then later email photocopies of attendance lists to each school & we transcribed them into our attendance database. That was time consuming for both them & us.

As they had to use the same system for all schools, we eventually got them to mark the attendance in Excel spreadsheets and email them. The schools then imported the data into their own databases e.g. SIMS or Access.

Before I left in 2011, we were negotiating ways of making the process seamless so the data was fed direct from college into the schools databases.
The stumbling block was of course the different systems in place at each school. Whether they ever resolved that I've no idea.

I'll have a look at your database tomorrow if I have time

arnelgp

Local time
here you may try, i can recall i wrote those code somedays back...

Attachments

• FQ Test Database.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 112

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Many thanks for all assistance, and apologies for duplicate posts.

Fozi

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Arnelgp

Thanks for your support. The test database creates the email messages but does not send direct. Can this be automated so they are sent without my intervention?

arnelgp

Local time
On module1, put comment on .Display and uncomment .send

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom